PDA

View Full Version : Orange or Blue pad for swirl remover

Inverted
02-16-2020, 08:35 PM
I have a Bauer DA and I usually buy the pads from Harbor Freight. They have orange cutting pads (most aggressive it seems), blue pad for polishing and white pads for wax. I generally use a blue pad for light swirl remover, but seem to have misplaced it. Is it ok to use the orange pad with Meguiars 83 (Dual action cleaner polish) to remove the swirls ?

i normally only use the orange pad with 105 when removing deeper scratches

thanks

Bill D
02-16-2020, 08:38 PM
I always wondered if those Harbor Freight pads are any good.

Inverted
02-16-2020, 08:46 PM
It removed car wash damage. But it’s the only pads I’ve ever used. So hard for me to compare :)

Mike Phillips
02-17-2020, 10:28 AM
I felt them once at HF and to me, they all felt the same, only different colors. This was a few years ago so things could have changed and maybe I'm wrong?

Weren't they also THICK?

If so, you'd get better performance out of thinner pads. And probably smaller diameter pads too. I forget how wide the HF pads are across the face of the pad but I remember them being in the 6" to 6.5" range?

I've never used the new HF polisher re-labeled (and possibly redesigned too), the Bauer DA, but I have used the older, original Harbor Freight DA and I thought it was absolute junk. After using it I'm amazed at how many people say it's "good".

:dunno: