PDA

View Full Version : Help pick two coatings

Pages : [1] 2

waterman
02-15-2020, 07:20 PM
Hello,

I will be coating my brothers black grand caravan in a few weeks. I have been very happy with mckees and wolfgang coatings but want to try something else but can’t decide what to use. I’m also thinking of doing a coating on each side of the car to compare different coatings. So I need some suggestions on what to get.

Thanks

Rsurfer
02-15-2020, 07:36 PM
CQuartz 3.0 should be one of them and maybe GTechniq.

57Rambler
02-15-2020, 08:08 PM
Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating, paint coating, nano glass paint coating (https://www.autogeek.net/diamond-surface-coating.html)

or

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating (https://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-paint-coating.html)

Use the first one if you want to coat paint, wheels, & glass. Or if you just need to coat paint, use the second one.

The Guz
02-15-2020, 08:43 PM
What are you looking for? Durability? Ease of use?

waterman
02-15-2020, 08:45 PM
CQuartz 3.0 should be one of them and maybe GTechniq.

Hello,

Is this the uk edition? I also see Cquartz. What is the difference between the two?

waterman
02-15-2020, 08:50 PM
What are you looking for? Durability? Ease of use?

Hello,

I am looking for durability 18-24 months. I would prefer the a easier to apply coating but don’t mind something a little more difficult if it has good gloss. Since this is not my car I would like something that doesn’t need to be topped.

The Guz
02-16-2020, 12:10 AM
Hello,

Is this the uk edition? I also see Cquartz. What is the difference between the two?

CQUK is SiO2 and has the higher rating for hardness to increase durability. Cquartz TiO2 contains TiO2 for more refelectivity. This has more stain resistance and slicker than CQUK. Don't buy too much into the hardness rating.

Hello,

I am looking for durability 18-24 months. I would prefer the a easier to apply coating but don’t mind something a little more difficult if it has good gloss. Since this is not my car I would like something that doesn’t need to be topped.

No coating needs to be topped. That is all personal preference.

These are what I would I consider

CQUK 3.0 - top performer for the price.
CQ Tio2 - has hung side by side with CQUK 3.0 on my personal car for 19 months now
Adams UV - I am in the process of testing it against other coatings but it leaves the surface slick.

Runners up:
Jade Quartz - A bit harder to initially wipe off but a nice slick feeling. Currently testing durability. This manufacturer blends the Adams UV coating and this has similarities to Adams other than no UV characteristic.
Jade Ice - easier to wipe off and feels close to Jade quartz. Currently testing durability.

waterman
02-16-2020, 12:19 AM
CQUK is SiO2 and has the higher rating for hardness to increase durability. Cquartz TiO2 contains TiO2 for more refelectivity. This has more stain resistance and slicker than CQUK. Don't buy too much into the hardness rating.

CQ Tio2 - has hung side by side with CQUK 3.0 on my personal car for 19 months now
Adams UV - I am in the process of testing it against other coatings but it leaves the surface slick.

Runners up:
Jade Quartz - A bit harder to initially wipe off but a nice slick feeling. Currently testing durability. This manufacturer blends the Adams UV coating and this has similarities to Adams other than no UV characteristic.
Jade Ice - easier to wipe off and feels close to Jade quartz. Currently testing durability.

Thank you,

Your testing is very appreciated!! I hate to see what it cost you to buy all the coatings.

Lou

Billy Baldone
02-16-2020, 07:57 AM
Renny Doyle Inspiration is super easy to use, looks great, and is holding up really well

FUNX650
02-16-2020, 09:37 AM
IMO:
You should definitely have one of your
selections be a Coating from Optimum.

Bob

The Guz
02-16-2020, 03:11 PM
IMO:
You should definitely have one of your
selections be a Coating from Optimum.

Bob

Not if the op is looking for durability. Optimum is easy to use but lacks in durability.

Rsurfer
02-16-2020, 03:53 PM
Not if the op is looking for durability. Optimum is easy to use but lacks in durability.

What happened to the original Opti Coat that some claimed lasted for 5 years with no topping?

FUNX650
02-16-2020, 04:31 PM
Not if the op is looking for durability.
Optimum is easy to use but lacks in durability.

Wrong.

Why must you disseminate
false information?

•Vehicles treated with Cquartz UK
Edition (3.0)—your #1 pick—will be
protected for up to two years.

•Surfaces that are coated with
Optimum Gloss-Coat will be

-And to think: Gloss-Coat isn’t even
considered to be “top-shelf” Optimum!

Bob

The Guz
02-16-2020, 07:48 PM
What happened to the original Opti Coat that some claimed lasted for 5 years with no topping?

That was 5 years ago. Gloss Coat is not the same. Optimum still claims no topping yet they have a maintenance line.

Wrong.

Why must you disseminate
false information?

•Vehicles treated with Cquartz UK
Edition (3.0)—your #1 pick—will be

•Surfaces that are coated with
Optimum Gloss-Coat will be

-And to think: Gloss-Coat isn’t even
considered to be “top-shelf” Optimum!

Bob

Not false information. It’s based on experience as I’ve used both coatings. Cquartz > Gloss Coat.

As far as I recall you have not ventured into coatings. If you have then please post your feedback.

noorth
04-13-2020, 07:40 PM

Runners up:

How's the ease of use for CQ Tio2? Much more gloss then CQUK 3? thanks