PDA

View Full Version : Sonax PNS, GYEON Cancoat or Optimum Opti-Seal

58LesPaul
02-11-2020, 09:33 PM
I've seen thread comparing Cancoat and PNS but does Opti-Seal compare to these? I know Cancoat is a coating and more expensive but I'm looking for longevity on my Camper. I would like to protect it once a year but that may not be an option.

Dan Tran
02-11-2020, 10:33 PM
I've seen thread comparing Cancoat and PNS but does Opti-Seal compare to these? I know Cancoat is a coating and more expensive but I'm looking for longevity on my Camper. I would like to protect it once a year but that may not be an option.

All these products, when applied properly, will yield up to 6 months if I am not mistaken. I haven’t used CanCoat yet, but the other ones will work as advertised. I think that the few times I used PNS, the results were amazing.

If you are looking for once a year, probably better to look into coatings such as CARPRO Cquartz Lite.

acuRAS82
02-12-2020, 12:35 AM
I can only vouch for PNS and CanCoat. Both perform similarly despite different base technology. Awesome self-cleaning and protection. Both apply quickly.

Depending on your location and environment, CanCoat may approach a year according to what I’ve read from those in mild climates.

The Guz
02-12-2020, 12:41 AM

Opti Seal won’t get you close to a year. More like 3-4 months. It’s not the most durable sealant. Easy to use and some use it as a drying aid when using ONR.

PNS will net you 6 months. You would want their CC36 if you want to get a year.

CanCoat can get up to a year. It depends on how it’s maintained and how it’s cared for. Maintains with something like Gyeon Cure will get you close to that year.

Desertnate
02-12-2020, 08:52 AM
Depending on your location and environment, CanCoat may approach a year according to what I’ve read from those in mild climates.

In my mid-west USA climate, CanCoat will easily last 10 months (maybe longer) with regular washes and occasional toppings with Cure. I was doing a torture test on my previous car, but traded it in before CanCoat wore out. I was at the 10-month point and it was still going pretty strong. I easily could have made it a year.

58LesPaul
02-12-2020, 10:36 AM
Thanks guys! How many cans of Cancoat would I need for a 31 ft camper?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

The Guz
02-12-2020, 12:41 PM
1 can should be enough. A little goes a long way.

58LesPaul
02-12-2020, 01:30 PM
2013 31 ft puma - Google Search (https://images.app.goo.gl/edBSE5HVBFrnj89h7)

What would be the best way to correct this ribbed exterior? All I have is a GG DA.

Coatingsarecrack
02-12-2020, 10:56 PM
I haven’t used CanCoat yet,

If you are looking for once a year, probably better to look into coatings such as CARPRO Cquartz Lite.

Gyeon Cancoat is a coating lite. 6-12 months durability with a-lot of folks getting closer to year mark. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coatingsarecrack
02-12-2020, 10:58 PM

Cancoat is awesome but if I was looking long term id go full blown coating. Alot of real estate to cover so i’d want it to last a while.

58LesPaul
02-13-2020, 08:39 AM
Cancoat is awesome but if I was looking long term id go full blown coating. Alot of real estate to cover so i’d want it to last a while.

Yes, I thought about that and considering GYEON Gelcoat. Any others you prefer?

Coatingsarecrack
02-14-2020, 03:05 AM
If your camper is gel coat im not sure what best would be.

If painted hard to beat cquartz. I have UK3 and its coming up on a year and still going strong. My car is garaged at night but driven 30-80 miles every day.

I’ll probably try Kamikaze next but it’ll be awhile. Im also interwsted in 22ple products and by the time i recoat (another year?) graphene products will be more readily available.

But again i expect 2 years out of Cquartz so only try something new to try something new...