PDA

View Full Version : Products that fill and last beyond a wash?

BryanH
02-10-2020, 04:19 PM
I have always been in the "no fillers" camp and wanted 'pure' paint correction for my cars. Combined with good maintenance techniques, this has always been satisfactory. However I bought a used car in 2019 that had paint so damaged that I couldn't comfortably get some things completely corrected - old water spot etchings, minor swirl areas, and so on. They're much much less noticeable than they used to be but still there. So I got to thinking about products that fill.

I've heard of traditional glazes, and understood that they were mainly for show cars and would come off at the next 2-bucket wash. True?

Are there any products with more durable filling capabilities that might last up to 6 months with a good LSP on top, on a garaged car? Or even a filling product that has an LSP designed to work with it, maybe even with a spray wax / drying aid type of product that helped maintain the fillers or re-fill the area? Crazy idea?

acuRAS82
02-10-2020, 04:49 PM
CarPro Essence fills and will last 6 months of topped with something durable... particularly a coating or ceramic LSP. Collinite waxes (476 & 915) also fill well and can last 6 months.

FUNX650
02-11-2020, 09:06 AM
IMO:
Jescar’s Top Finish Machine Glaze—followed
by either Jescar’s Carnauba Wax or Jescar’s
Polymer Paint Sealant—could conceivably be
the products that you’re looking for.

Jescar Finishing Products (https://www.autogeek.net/jescar-finishing-products.html)

Bob

Farmallluvr
02-11-2020, 07:06 PM
I have been using Menzerna 3 n 1 for a few months and am quite pleased with it,,,cuts pretty good,removes swirls well and seems to lasting pretty good.

My best results have been with a Megs MF finishing pad with a 21mm DA

Mgavin1985
02-12-2020, 05:59 AM
I have always been in the "no fillers" camp and wanted 'pure' paint correction for my cars. Combined with good maintenance techniques, this has always been satisfactory. However I bought a used car in 2019 that had paint so damaged that I couldn't comfortably get some things completely corrected - old water spot etchings, minor swirl areas, and so on. They're much much less noticeable than they used to be but still there. So I got to thinking about products that fill.

I've heard of traditional glazes, and understood that they were mainly for show cars and would come off at the next 2-bucket wash. True?

Are there any products with more durable filling capabilities that might last up to 6 months with a good LSP on top, on a garaged car? Or even a filling product that has an LSP designed to work with it, maybe even with a spray wax / drying aid type of product that helped maintain the fillers or re-fill the area? Crazy idea?

essence plus has been the best filler product I have used better than poor boys black hole glaze.

BryanH
02-14-2020, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the insights!

I could have sworn I remembered reading here that it was discovered that Essence was reducing swirls due primarily to cutting instead of filling. I'll have to look into this more.

After a few more evenings of research, it looks like Prima Amigo is well liked for its filling abilities and allowing sealants to top it, and Hydro seems to be a drying aid that fills as well (found good pictures of the back of a MINI). I see Amigo is discontinued here at AG.

acuRAS82
02-15-2020, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the insights!

I could have sworn I remembered reading here that it was discovered that Essence was reducing swirls due primarily to cutting instead of filling. I'll have to look into this more.
There’s numerous methods to use Essence Extreme Gloss. It should cut swirls away when used as with an aggressive pad and hand motions.

I generally use Essence with a very fine pad / gloss pad that has no cut, and it does fill.... but it’s mostly filling very light swirling for me, so maybe it’s not the best for hiding deeper swirls. It’s possible that the filling abilities won’t be enough for your situation.

The Guz
02-15-2020, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the insights!

After a few more evenings of research, it looks like Prima Amigo is well liked for its filling abilities and allowing sealants to top it, and Hydro seems to be a drying aid that fills as well (found good pictures of the back of a MINI). I see Amigo is discontinued here at AG.

Well there are two versions of Essence.

Essence which is a finishing polish that is contains the same abrasives found in Reflect. It has minor filling as well. Folks tend to use it as a primer polish before a coating. Essence is hydrophillic on its own.

Essence Plus is non-abrasive jeweling polish. It is designed to "repair" a coating. It is essentially filling in those defects. Essence Plus was designed to be hydrophobic. Don't expect the filling to last that long. 3-4 months is more realistic.

You can use Reload on top as it does a good job of filling.