PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose?

Pages : [1] 2

Whipped500
02-05-2020, 07:51 AM
Meg ultimate or meg hybrid ceramic?

I'm not up to date on things and I'm wondering what would protect the best? I have a new vehicle on order but will be using it daily as a service vehicle so it will see everything... including snow/salt besides other everyday contamination.

What has me asking or has me confused is that right now I'm using the ultimate line and it works good to me and leaves a nice shine and feels slick. I recently tried the hybrid ceramic spray wax and it repells the water nicely but doesn't leave a slick feel. I saw that meg has a complete line now of the hybrid ceramic and the ceramic detailer had me thinking this was going to give me the slick feel I was looking for while boosting the wax but it doesn't say anything about leaving a slick feel.

Am I worried about the wrong thing? Is the hybrid ceramic a better product that I shouldn't be worried about a slick feel?

I should also add that I don't have the most time to dedicate to detailing. I would like (if possible) to only decon/clay/wax about twice a year, maybe 3...the rest of the time I would be using a spray (ultimate or hybrid spray wax/detailer) and wash once a week.

I'm close to finishing my ultimate products and wonder what line to replenish with?

Thanks

jdgamble
02-05-2020, 07:56 AM
Sonax PNS. It takes a little longer than a simple spray wax, but it lasts a long time and stays incredibly clean.

Sorry for not picking from your options... I just love PNS right now.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

FUNX650
02-05-2020, 08:49 AM
•When all is said and done:
-you want slickness.

:idea:
Go with the lineup that you have
discovered (via your above posted
hands-on experiences) will bring
that characteristic to the table.

Bob

Whipped500
02-05-2020, 09:11 AM
•When all is said and done:
-you want slickness.

:idea:
Go with the lineup that you have
discovered (via your above posted
hands-on experiences) will bring
that characteristic to the table.

Bob

I was concerned about slickness but now I'm more concerned about what will give the best protection and allow the least amount of contamination (sap, bugs, bird crap) from sticking? The best example I can give is after a fresh wax during the summer, the bugs seem to just spray off with the hose when washing. I would rather give up the slick feel for better protection and less work when washing.

jdgamble
02-05-2020, 10:30 PM
I was concerned about slickness but now I'm more concerned about what will give the best protection and allow the least amount of contamination (sap, bugs, bird crap) from sticking? The best example I can give is after a fresh wax during the summer, the bugs seem to just spray off with the hose when washing. I would rather give up the slick feel for better protection and less work when washing.

Then you should use PNS. I have sprayed off my car with a pressure washer only twice in the last month. It has rained multiple times, and my car sits outside. It basically looks clean.

Coatingsarecrack
02-06-2020, 12:38 AM
Haven’t used Megs HCW but heard good things and have had good luck with other spray on spray off protection.

I have tried Megs HCD and it leaves my coating feeling slicker. I really don’t care about slick feel as i do not like to touch my paint. Slick feel doesnt mean water repellancy is any better and that is what im concerned with.... repelling water and cleaning easy.

I think if you use HCW and HCD you’ll be a happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcjredline
02-06-2020, 12:58 AM
I love the Ultimate line and it is readily available which makes it nice too. Longevity I really cant speak to, if I want something protected for longevity I use a real life coating. Anything else and you are just playing in a sandbox lol.

Whipped500
02-06-2020, 08:16 AM
My two choices are based on them being readily available... if I happen to run out of something and need it immediately that I can't wait to order from AG. Also, because I know it's fool proof that by using the same brand and line that they will work together.

The sonax looks good (just looked it up)...but is this something I would use weekly after/in-between every wash?

I probably worded wrong or asked wrong before but what I'm looking for is something that is going to protect the most...like I said, to make bugs and sap come off the easiest when washing. I understand and will twice a year decon, clay and put down a quality wax/sealant (not a spray and wipe)...then wash weekly and use some sort of spray to compliment the wash. With that said, would the ultimate or HCW line be better for keeping sap/bugs from sticking or making it easier to get off? Or are they about equal?

As far as the slickness, that just goes back to me being younger...after a fresh wax you can feel that you did something and I feel (in my head) that correlates to bugs/sap coming off easier the next wash.

Thanks

acuRAS82
02-06-2020, 08:59 AM
My two choices are based on them being readily available... if I happen to run out of something and need it immediately that I can't wait to order from AG. Also, because I know it's fool proof that by using the same brand and line that they will work together.

The sonax looks good (just looked it up)...but is this something I would use weekly after/in-between every wash?

I probably worded wrong or asked wrong before but what I'm looking for is something that is going to protect the most...like I said, to make bugs and sap come off the easiest when washing. I understand and will twice a year decon, clay and put down a quality wax/sealant (not a spray and wipe)...then wash weekly and use some sort of spray to compliment the wash. With that said, would the ultimate or HCW line be better for keeping sap/bugs from sticking or making it easier to get off? Or are they about equal?

As far as the slickness, that just goes back to me being younger...after a fresh wax you can feel that you did something and I feel (in my head) that correlates to bugs/sap coming off easier the next wash.

Thanks
My opinion? Use the newer technology, although Im not experienced with HCW. HCD seems really nice on initial use and definitely lasts longer than Ultimate Detail Spray. UQW vs. HCW, I probably prefer the wipe on, wipe off application of UQW.

acuRAS82
02-06-2020, 09:04 AM
PNS, no you wouldn’t apply that after every wash, it’s a true LSP; however, Sonax Brilluant Shine Detailer (BSD) is the spray wax/QD equivalent of PNS and that can be used weekly, although it will last much longer than a week. Probably months. It provides great protection but poor slickness. Excellent self-cleaning.

chinee
02-06-2020, 12:29 PM
PNS, no you wouldn’t apply that after every wash, it’s a true LSP; however, Sonax Brilluant Shine Detailer (BSD) is the spray wax/QD equivalent of PNS and that can be used weekly, although it will last much longer than a week. Probably months. It provides great protection but poor slickness. Excellent self-cleaning.

Ditto PNS, ditto BSD, ditto excellent self-cleaning. Best I’ve seen, this combo is preventing me from stepping up to ceramic coatings, that’s how good they are.

Ditto poor slickness, this ain’t no BM for sure, but hardly any dirt and grime sticks to the paint.

I just did an Iron remover application on my hood, driver’s side front fender and door, and there was hardly any purpling at all. So clean that I left the rest of the car alone. And this was after 16 months and 15k miles since applying PNS. I do use the BSD every other wash or so though.

Just washed, clayed, polished and coated again, I figure I’m good for at least another year.

But given your choices, Ultimate QW is still one of my faves, I use it on my daughter’s car and my SUV. Very easy to apply and gives a really nice shine. Itching to try the HCW, but the QW is so easy to use, I just can’t give up on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

The Guz
02-06-2020, 12:30 PM
If you want slickness then Sonax PNS is not the product for you. It is on the tacky side just like their Brilliant Shine Detailer.

With regards to the Meguiar's stuff, well if you like the ultimate line then stick with it. If you want to try something new then try out their new hybrid ceramic liquid wax and their new hybrid ceramic detailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aH0-DCFhDo

jdgamble
02-08-2020, 10:50 AM
Yeah PNS is definitely not very slick. But frankly, the slickest sealants and sprays that I have seem to attract the most dust. I was addressing your lack of time to dedicate. If you can get over the slickness, PNS (and I’ve heard BSD) are pretty awesome products. They will keep your vehicles looking cleaner and easier to maintain.

chinee
02-08-2020, 03:48 PM
Yep... PNS and BSD, my preference... at least until the PNS is used up.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200208/a1c1b039159015ba6c7fd8a39e535352.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

acuRAS82
02-08-2020, 04:51 PM
Yep... PNS and BSD, my preference... at least until the PNS is used up.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200208/a1c1b039159015ba6c7fd8a39e535352.jpg

Awesome clarity on that silver paint.