PDA

View Full Version : If you could only use two or three product lines for all your detailing needs, what would you choose?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Detailchick
02-03-2020, 11:13 PM
I know it’s hard to pick one line or sometimes one brand doesn’t offer everything.. so If you had to stick with two (three tops) for work what would you choose [emoji33]
Machine, pads, polish, compound, aio, apc, tire shine etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

vobro
02-03-2020, 11:48 PM
Flex and Griots for machine
BuffnShine and Lake county for pads
Griots,Scholl and Optimum for abrasives
Adams,Optimum,CarPro and Meguiars for chemicals and soaps

WaxMaster1
02-04-2020, 12:00 AM
Only two lines for ALL detailing needs. Meguiar's and Griot's.

jmorlan
02-04-2020, 12:16 AM
If I had to say all encompassing, Adam's or meguires detailer line are hard to beat.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jdgamble
02-04-2020, 12:54 AM
I’m a huge fan of Sonax right now. I feel like that and Wolfgang would get me there.

Of course tools would be separate.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Coatingsarecrack
02-04-2020, 12:58 AM
Mckee’s
Car Pros and Griots

If sticking with one probable Mckee’s. But just barely as Griots hasn’t jumped into the deep end on thexSio2 products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Oldz
02-04-2020, 12:58 AM
Wow! Tough tough question. I’m gonna have to say after years of detailing and trying sooo many products, that I couldn’t pick! I so mix and match that it’s absolutely ridiculous!

There are so many different brands that I like and enjoy using..... perhaps they are not best in their category for most but they are best for me

I will say that as far as buffers go, Flex is tops in my book and that is due to having 3 8mm throw forced rotation dual action polishers in their line. Specifically the 3401 is a work horse for me.

AaronE
02-04-2020, 01:59 AM
As a DIYer I'd have to go with Meguiars and McKee's I think. They each make up about 70% of my detailing supplies and the rest are odd and ends that do a better job than they can provide

Sent from my SM-G950U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

dcjredline
02-04-2020, 02:07 AM
Meguiars would be one if I had to pick one but there are so many other things I like from other companies better so I would never do it. And I will never understand why ask such a question? I dont think it makes sense to try and use only one line. WHY? Why not use the better product just cause it isnt named the same as the rest of your products?

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
02-04-2020, 02:16 AM
Adams is a one of the few company that makes good quality chemicals and also has their own line of polishers, pads and compounds. Meguiars has a lot of solid chemicals and the MT300 polisher, but it's pretty ancient at this point. Griots has a lot of chemicals and polishers, but they're lacking in some chemicals and they don't offer any ceramic coatings.

So for me Meguiar's, Adam's & GTechniq.

DMiglio
02-04-2020, 05:56 AM
Viking Auto, Eagle One, Blue Magic...

If I could only do three it wouldn’t be too hard for me as I’ve actually thought about this a few times. I generally have it narrowed down to about 6 or 7 revolving brands.

My picks without any hesitation would be, Meguiars, P&S/RD Black Label and Carpro

FUNX650
02-04-2020, 07:53 AM
•Due to the myriad offerings of car-care Brands
that are available nowadays...when it comes to
which one(s) I choose to detail my vehicles:

-I’m more apt to take the “synergistic system”
approach, in that selection process, than by
any other means.

-Surely, each brands’ Chemists/formulators
know if the various ‘parts’ of their product
lines will work together to produce enhanced
results better than I.

Bob

RaptorGT
02-04-2020, 08:22 AM
I use a Flex 3401 DA

Lake County Pads

Griot's garage BOSS system

Meguiar's for anything else.

Those be my bare basics, of course like other people I have few other companies stuff I like going through. But expensive or cheap products dollar for dollar Meguiar's products just work. So if you wanted only one chemical company I would drop then the Griot's garage BOSS stuff and that would work. Am just a huge fan of that polish/ compound line.

Detailchick
02-04-2020, 08:59 AM
•Due to the myriad offerings of car-care Brands
that are available nowadays...when it comes to
which one(s) I choose to detail my vehicles:

-I’m more apt to take the “synergistic system”
approach, in that selection process, than by
any other means.

-Surely, each brands’ Chemists/formulators
know if the various ‘parts’ of their product
lines will work together to produce enhanced
results better than I.

Bob

I personally mix and match and find the best of what i can find... because of this I spend more money and sometimes don’t get to finish products. I think sticking to less brands looks more visually appealing to me and will help me stay organized. My main goal is to be more consistent in results... although i know every car has its own issues. I do want that synergistic approach or close to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

bofh
02-04-2020, 09:47 AM
I could live on CarPro for everything except the polisher. I guess CarPro + Rupes picks up everything I need.