PDA

View Full Version : Car Dryers

Rambro
02-01-2020, 12:22 PM
I have been thinking about purchasing a car dryer. How many of you use them? I detail as a business and have been checking them out. I use a EGO leaf blower now which don’t do bad on a car that has good beading but most of the cars I get have no product on them. Was just wondering if these speed up drying. Been looking at Big Boi pro and master blaster.

The Guz
02-01-2020, 02:06 PM
A car dryer won't do much either if the paint has no protection. You will be in the same position.

Daviddear30
02-01-2020, 02:20 PM
Yeah I prett much agree

I have the ego and the master Blaster. They both work great on protected cars

The master Blaster works fine on unprotected tires and wheels and I'd say it's better than the ego on non protected cars but not worth buying just for that.

Towels seem to be the go to on cars with no protection

Gyeon silk dryer is my favorite

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

gofast182
02-03-2020, 09:38 AM
Yeah I'll add that I have a Master Blaster and on my new M340i which I've only been using Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer (while I decide on a LSP and wait for the weather to warm up) there isn't quite enough hydrophobicity for me to go around the car fast enough to not have some water dry on the finish. On my wife's car which has a real LSP applied, I can get around the car with the Master Blaster provided it's not too windy/sunny.

TTQ B4U
02-03-2020, 10:31 AM
I use a cordless leaf blower and it works great so long as the car is coated. Gets off 98% of the water. I also use my air compressor/air gun for super high power needs like grills and tight seems.

Rambro
02-03-2020, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I will keep using my EGO for now.

KBsToy
02-04-2020, 05:18 AM
I bought a out of box Adams Air Cannon of Ebay. I like the 30 ft hose and long extension cord.
I have it on top of my detail cart and I can get all around our cars when blowing them off after wash.
I had a Mckees car dryer but it got heavy dragging it around car ( senior use )

briarpatch
02-04-2020, 07:47 AM
For the cars with no protection on them.....do yourself a favor and invest in some Griots PFM drying towels....you will not regret the purchase

Bobby B.
02-04-2020, 10:10 AM
I enjoy using the Blackfire Car Dryer. They work great on vehicles that have been waxed, sealed or coated. If there's no protection on the vehicle they won't do much.

BLACKFIRE Car Dryer (https://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-car-dryer.html)

JustJesus
02-04-2020, 01:34 PM
what about using one of the several spray on / rinse off options, like Blackfire's Hydro Seal? This will add protection, and make drying easier.
You can "upsell" it for a few bucks.