PDA

View Full Version : Love the Autogeek Foam Gun

karburn
03-21-2008, 02:27 PM
After reading way too many posts about soap/water/foam mix ratios, gun settings, etc., I finally took the sprayer that I got from Autogeek last month [AG-75HG] out of the box and onto the driveway to try it myself. VERY impressive. I used a small amount of the DP xtreme foam sample that was included [approx half of it] mixed with warm water [filled bottle halfway] and under moderate pressure from the hose I foamed down my Scion xB as an experiment. Excellent results. I had to play around with the settings only once before the thing was blowing out enough foam to cover the car - and this was just a test run! The foam clung to the car even with the strong wind we had today.

My neighbor was watching and he said it looked like the emergency crew at the airport foaming down a runway!

Very pleased. I like the brass fittings and the quik-connect. I can't wait for our weather to warm up to use it on the other cars. As long as replacement parts are available, I'll be a happy camper. :D

Wolf Fish
03-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Sounds awesome! Does the AG Foam Gun connect to a pressure washer( it looks like its made for a garden hose) or do I need to keep searching for a foam cannon?

richy
03-21-2008, 06:18 PM
A foam gun and foam cannon are 2 different animals. The gun on the hose, the cannon for the pw. I recently bought a fg and it works great. Unless I can get a foam cannon for a reasonable price, I will gladly stick with what I have.

ScottB
03-22-2008, 07:11 AM
I love mine too and appreciate presoaking a car first ...

Wolf Fish
03-22-2008, 09:00 AM
A foam gun and foam cannon are 2 different animals. The gun on the hose, the cannon for the pw. I recently bought a fg and it works great. Unless I can get a foam cannon for a reasonable price, I will gladly stick with what I have.

thank you

mrb
03-26-2008, 09:29 PM
One of the nicest things I have ever purchased from Autogeek.

Cut my washing and effort in half. Thanks again Autogeek.

YankeeFan
03-26-2008, 09:47 PM
I love mine too and appreciate presoaking a car first ...

Do you typically just use it to presoak or have you ever washed with the foam gun is running? Theoretically it would make sense as running water and all that soap lubrication would be a big advantage over just using a mitt with 2 buckets......but again, that's theoretically.

Howard

MadOzodi
03-27-2008, 11:24 AM
I just purchased a Dramm Touch N Flow valve to hook up in between my hose and foam gun. I used to have a knob, but that didn't work too well when shooting the foam directly into my Ulti-Mit right before putting the mit on the paint. When I use the foam gun, I only use a rinse bucket with grit guard instead of the 2 bucket. I also presoak cuz I'm crazy like that.