PDA

View Full Version : The miracle of a medium clay bar

lj993
01-21-2020, 01:00 PM
I detailed a buddy’s ford raptor. He had just bought it from the auction. It had been sitting in a dirt lot near the border for months. Black paint. Covered in dust. We had it towed to my place and I gave it a wash down. Actually several to try to get the layers of dirt off. Finally got to the clay bar step. After that I used my flex 3401 with orange lake country pads with black Fire one step. Daylight was running low and I didn’t have much time. The raptor is a giant truck. It need some more refining but so far it looks amazing.

The paint is brilliant. For a big truck that is five years old the paint is nearly flawless one hood chip and a tiny scratch near the passenger door handle.

Looks as good as our Range Rover paint in same color. Black with a metal flake.

It got late and it was dark so I had to call it a day. Then it rained last night. Oh well. I think it is time for a new clay bar. What do you think. All the best. Phil

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Mike Phillips
01-21-2020, 05:03 PM
I think it is time for a new clay bar.

What do you think.

All the best. Phil

Better safe than sorry. If the clay looks contaminated, replace with new clay.

I've only detailed one Ford Rapter - that's a lot of paint and a lot of glass and plastic. Wheels and tires are huge too...

Ugh....

:)

lj993
01-21-2020, 05:43 PM
here are a few photos, clay is going to be tossed and new order coming on Autogeek. Love this forum! Truck still needs a ton of love but it is a start, I should have taken a couple of "before" shots. It was pretty dirty. Phil

Sizzle Chest
01-21-2020, 08:41 PM
Holy dirty clay! It really needed it. Looks great now, nice work!