PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's D155 Last Touch vs Meguiar's D156 X-Press Spray Wax

AlexD
01-20-2020, 03:50 AM
Hi guys,
probably there are other posts/threads about it but I couldn't find the real answerd that I was looking for. :(

I've never used these products and I was considering to get them since they are quite popular here too, but first I'd like to ask you some questions.
Okay so I know that LT is basically a quick detailer and Xpress Spray Wax a, well, spray wax... but my doubts are:

1. Which one produces the slickest finish?
2. What is the most lubricated? I mean, the one that makes the towel glides over the surface while wiping it in/off. I really need this feature for really soft paints after wash.
3. What is the best as drying aid?
4. And gloss levels?

Thank you a lot in advance to whoever can reply and helps me out. :)

Cheers guys!

Billy Baldone
01-20-2020, 04:17 AM
BeadMaker

FUNX650
01-20-2020, 07:33 AM
D156:
A spray “Wax” (Sealant) that is applied to clean
surfaces; leaves behind some protection—acts
as a last step product (LSP).

D155:
A Detail Spray that’s used the same as are most
other QDs; leaves no protection behind; can also
be used as a clay lube when diluted (1:1).

•IMO:
-Both products are slick as a whistle.
:idea:
-Clean with D155; follow with D156
to protect; = Best of both worlds.

Bob

AlexD
01-20-2020, 03:14 PM
BeadMaker

I'm testing and playing with Beadmaker lately and so far I'm loving it.
Although, is it really even more "lubricated" (less friction) under the towel than both D156 and D155?

D156:
A spray “Wax” (Sealant) that is applied to clean
surfaces; leaves behind some protection—acts
as a last step product (LSP).

D155:
A Detail Spray that’s used the same as are most
other QDs; leaves no protection behind; can also
be used as a clay lube when diluted (1:1).

•IMO:
-Both products are slick as a whistle.
:idea:
-Clean with D155; follow with D156
to protect; = Best of both worlds.

Bob

That should be awesome, no doubt ahah, but I'd like to get only one of those products.

Lately I was condering trying Griot's Garage Rinseless Wash and Wax diluted at 1:15 too. Does anyone have any experience with that too?
Watched a video on YT in which it seems working absolutely amazing as drying aid.

acuRAS82
01-20-2020, 03:46 PM
All these QD and spray wax products are very lubricated. Keep a good wiping technique and good MF towels and assume the spray product is holding up on its end wiping safety.

If you want to clean very minor smudges or dust, use Last Touch. Otherwise pick a spray wax. Do you add any other protection as a base? If not or if a weak base, the Spray Wax is a no-brainer. Both Beadmaker and D156 are great drying aids and provide great gloss for a week or more after application. Last Touch will add gloss only for a day or two.

In other words... bang for buck, I think Spray waxes are better, assuming you wash your car before applying.

Eldorado2k
01-20-2020, 05:55 PM
BeadMaker

This.[emoji1369]

Coatingsarecrack
01-21-2020, 05:19 AM
As a drying aid its kinda confusing. Most speak of lubricity but all in all car should be clean as you just washed. But if your worring about towel marring i would go with what has most lubricity and that would be your LT, or Griots R&W. Griots speed shine or BOSS detailer would also be good.

If you want best shine/gloss your QW or beadmaker. Griots spray wax would be another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexD
01-22-2020, 04:24 AM
Thanks guys, very appreciated.
I guess the best choices for me are Last Touch or the Griots Garage W&W at QD strenght.

Cars are protected yeah, but I'd like to have the best lubricity while drying/wiping (drying rinseless washes solutions too).

Unfortunately it seems that I can't find lots of feeds/review about Griots Garage Rinseless Wash & Wax. :(
I guess I'll open a new thread for it 'cause I feel I'm going off topic here ahah.

986DTM
01-22-2020, 03:18 PM
I have a jug of D156 but lately find myself using Ultima WW for pretty much everything (waterless washes, touch ups, as a drying aid and clay lube, even like a spray wax since it has some protection). It has excellent lubrication, is super slick, leaves a really nice gloss, and protects for at least a few weeks on its own. Not to mention it is super economical (less than a dollar per 22oz bottle). I've not purchased another spray wax or QD in the past 2 years since I've started using this product, and I'm still on the original bottle!