PDA

View Full Version : opinions on 2 potential logos for my business?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
01-15-2020, 03:22 PM
I paid someone on Fiverr to make me a logo. They sent me 3 samples, if I like one I can get revisions done to it. 1 I don't like at all, 1 I kind of like and 1 I'm unsure about. People here are honest about this kind of stuff, so I'll post all 3 and see what's said. Maybe the one I dislike's the one that would be saved, who knows lol. The designer makes retro looking logos. I know whichever I chose, it'll need some reworking for sure.

Sizzle Chest
01-15-2020, 04:53 PM
I like 2 and 3. 1 is ok...

PaulMys
01-15-2020, 05:57 PM
If I had to pick only one, it would be #3.

Easier to read for 50 year old eyes. Lol

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
01-15-2020, 06:02 PM
See, this is why I like to ask others for their opinion. my favorite's probably #1. Thanks for the replies, because once I settle on one I'm going to have it digitized and have embroidered shirts and jackets and business cards made. So I gotta make sure I go with something other people like and not just what I like. Watch, there will be like 6 more replies and not a single person will like the one I originally liked lol.

rangerbay
01-15-2020, 06:03 PM
Just make sure it is easy to read.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
01-15-2020, 06:09 PM
Just make sure it is easy to read.

I know the name so I suppose that makes all of them easy to read for me. Good suggestion though, the people I ask in real life over the next few days. I should also ask them are they able to read what it says.

abqhudson
01-15-2020, 06:16 PM
I know the name so I suppose that makes all of them easy to read for me. Good suggestion though, the people I ask in real life over the next few days. I should also ask them are they able to read what it says.

I personally don't understand why folks give their businesses and signage and logos names that don't give a clue as to what the business does. It's advertising.

Just my 2 cents

shooterjgs
01-15-2020, 06:50 PM
I'm voting 3... Easy to read... And looks good IMHO...

Billy Baldone
01-15-2020, 07:07 PM
I agree with this guy. Your logo/name is confusing. Sounds like a knock off of Soul Glow!!!

57Rambler
01-15-2020, 07:23 PM
I'm going to echo the comments about making sure it is easy to read. IMHO option #1 is a bit difficult to read. And in general, printed text is usually easier to read vs. cursive. Also, you might consider adding some kind of visual element to emphasize the results your work will produce ... such as rays of light reflecting off of your name or off of a vehicle.

vobro
01-16-2020, 12:52 AM
Hard to read and the name has half the alphabet and non descriptive. Sorry

mckobe
01-16-2020, 01:06 AM

Willbeen
01-16-2020, 12:09 PM
Kudo for submitting you alternatives for comments. I'm big on getting the logo right the first time and make sure to protect it legally. I personally like number three the best. However the silhouette of a bottle and sprayer just doesn't hit it for me. I like 57R's suggestion of a ray of light. I also echo the comments about being able to read it clearly.

Eldorado2k
01-16-2020, 01:48 PM
Where did the word perpetual come to you? Was it in a movie? Randomly came to mind 1 day? Are you a college boy perhaps? Lol.

I know I’ve heard the word used before at least once in my life, but I couldn’t tell you where if a million dollars depended on it.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
01-17-2020, 03:36 AM
Where did the word perpetual come to you? Was it in a movie? Randomly came to mind 1 day? Are you a college boy perhaps? Lol.

I know I’ve heard the word used before at least once in my life, but I couldn’t tell you where if a million dollars depended on it.

I don't remember 100%, but I think my mom was playing Words with Friends against my uncle. He's a smarty pants Harvard grad who destroy's people in that game lol. I think I remember her playing pet, and he did his "watch this" overachieve thing. I read it and knew what it meant, but hadn't heard it in forever. So I looked it up and thought it could fit for detailing. Well, except 95% of people have no idea what it is and have never heard it. 4% of the remaining have heard it but don't really know what it means. I'll be the 1st to say it was a.... poor choice to use? A decent number of people out here who I've detailed when I asked told me it "sounds good" one even used the word important. He didn't know what it meant, but it was big so he thought it had to be special lol. A member on here sent me a PM today with a name change suggestion, which is almost perfect. I think as much as I like the name (for whatever reason) it's just too complicated for most people. It sounded better than endless shine detailing so I ran with it lol. But maybe it's time to run in a new direction. especially since I'm going to have a new logo and a new start.