PDA

View Full Version : meguiars mt300 died

bolts
01-06-2020, 01:02 AM
hey gang

just tried using my meguiars mt300 a few minutes ago, it worked for a bit, then kind of sputtered, then now does not even turn on. thought maybe brushes so opened up and took a peek but seemed ok had a lot of meat left.
so i was wondering what are my options? does meguiars repair? if so how do you go about getting it repaired? any help is appreciated thanks!

Coatingsarecrack
01-06-2020, 01:41 AM
Even if not to wore, I’d replace them. Somtimes if units been used alot, minor ware can cause a disconnect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Guz
01-06-2020, 02:10 AM
It is the power cord. Meguiar's repaired mine twice. I had to cover the shipping costs both times. They only offer a 1 year warranty on the machine. I posted issues with my MT300 on Meguiar's Online and wither here or Autopia.

bolts
01-06-2020, 08:15 AM
darn thanks guys. where can you get the brushes from?

bolts
01-10-2020, 05:16 PM
It is the power cord. Meguiar's repaired mine twice. I had to cover the shipping costs both times. They only offer a 1 year warranty on the machine. I posted issues with my MT300 on Meguiar's Online and wither here or Autopia.

guz was right it was the cord, put a new cord on and works fine. thanks for the help! i did contact meguiars but it was no help

The Guz
01-10-2020, 07:46 PM
guz was right it was the cord, put a new cord on and works fine. thanks for the help! i did contact meguiars but it was no help

Glad to hear you got it working. It is the weak point of this machine. Surprised Meguiar's didn't help you out.

bolts
01-10-2020, 07:50 PM
yes thank you for the help i too was surprised meguiars did not want to help but hey i got it fixed anyway.

talonted
01-11-2020, 04:27 AM
Yeah, the strain relief inside the machine is too tight and pinches the cord. If you're proficient with some wire strippers and don't mind making your cord 4" shorter it's an easy fix.

bolts
01-11-2020, 09:15 AM
ok gang this is what i did and i guess anyone who has a mt300 can do the same. i cut the original wire and wire nut it and hooked it back up to test if its the cord and not anything else. it fired right up. so i went to home depot and got a longer 16/2 cord and cut the end off, wired it back up closed it up and is fixed. i thought possibly the brushes but it had a lot of meat left on it and so although i was able to order a set of brushes it turned out i didnt need them guess ill just hang on to it in case. mahalos everyone

PaulMys
01-11-2020, 06:07 PM
ok gang this is what i did and i guess anyone who has a mt300 can do the same. i cut the original wire and wire nut it and hooked it back up to test if its the cord and not anything else. it fired right up. so i went to home depot and got a longer 16/2 cord and cut the end off, wired it back up closed it up and is fixed. i thought possibly the brushes but it had a lot of meat left on it and so although i was able to order a set of brushes it turned out i didnt need them guess ill just hang on to it in case. mahalos everyone

Good fix.

I have replaced cords in probably one hundred power tools over the years.

If the tool is relatively new and doesn't have a ton of hours on it, the problem is almost always a defective cord.

Glad you are back in business..... :)

bolts
01-11-2020, 09:00 PM
hey thanks man! first time for me but good to have it back up although i just did buy a rupes.