PDA

View Full Version : MF detergent - Anyone use a Free and Clear with Adams MF revitalizer?

MrOneEyedBoh
01-01-2020, 01:41 PM
Looking at trying this combo. 3D towel clean went up a bit, so I was thinking of using a Free and Clear detergent, since we already use it in the home.

Then I was thinking of using Adams MF Revitalizer to help break stuff down in the towels some. The reviews seem too good to be true... Like add 1 oz per load as a booster, but that might not even be enough to work

Maybe just use Adams by itself? Doesn't give really any instructions on dosage... Maybe dose it the same as Towel clean?

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
01-01-2020, 05:55 PM
I've used 3 or 4 specific MF towel wash products, and I've used Tide & All free and clear. I don't know if I noticed a difference to be honest. I have Adam's MF Revitalize, and I think it does make my towels slightly softer, and does seem to do good job on stains. For all I know the softness is a placebo effect. The less stains I'm sure was real, but it wasn't like a day and night difference between it and Tide. I'm not sure what reviews you're reading to make you think it's too good to be true. It's a solid MF cleaner, don't know if it's any better than the Wolfgang I used before it. I don't even know if it's worth the price premium over All, which was cheaper than Tide, which some people say is as good as a dedicated product. And even Tide's worlds cheaper than these dedicated ones. I'm pretty rough on my towels tbh.

And I find the Adam's label to be a bit confusing, can it be used as a stand alone? I know they call it a booster or something. I have used it on it's own and it seemed to work well. 1oz per load sounds decent, the other product I've used it's 1-2oz per load depending on how big. It's like regular laundry detergent, more isn't better, and usually too much can leave residue behind. It took me a long time to wrap my head around this. I use to think "oh it says 1oz, that's not enough. I'll add 3 or 4 and get them really clean" lol

You should look into the Wolfgang MF revitilizer. It works good, and I love how the bottle has the squeeze chamber so it measures it out before you pour it. I'm too lazy to get a proper measuring cup so when I use my Adam's, or whatever other brand I eye ball it. With Wolfgang I get the right amount every time, and it's not expensive. But, I do like how the 32oz Adam's comes with a sprayer, so you can pre treat your towels if you're not going to wash them right away.

Coatingsarecrack
01-02-2020, 01:32 AM
I use Griots pad amd MF restorer and it says to ise same way. Towels are definitely softer when mixed. I usually go 50/50 eyeing it and like the mix combo better than MF cleaners alone.

Adams makes good stuff so sure it will be good but if you havent got it yet gove rhe Griots a try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk