PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Detailing group?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

58LesPaul
12-29-2019, 02:20 PM
What happened to the detailing page on Facebook? Can't remember the name but some of people here were on it.

Aaryn NZ
12-29-2019, 02:54 PM
Hey buddy,

Detailing 101 By Autogeek.

Still going but I tend to stay away from it due to the typical Keyboard Warrior style happenings that go on there. Sure there will be a few genuine folk on there that will offer help, support, advice etc but you really do have to sift through a few hundred d$@kheads to find them. Sad really.

Aaryn NZ. :dblthumb2:

UncleDavy
12-29-2019, 05:39 PM
Too many unmonitored yahoos on the Facebook page. You are much better off here.

57Rambler
12-29-2019, 07:51 PM
Too many unmonitored yahoos on the Facebook page. You are much better off here.

Not to mention your personal data is a lot safer here ... :)

PaulMys
12-29-2019, 08:00 PM
FB has become a cesspool of the worst humanity has to offer. A novel idea gone berserk.

Any useful part of it is quickly erased by the venom that some coward spews out knowing full well they are protected behind their computer screen.

Steelman
12-29-2019, 11:44 PM
I will not go on any facebook!!! Stay here on AGO where you are safe and with friends!!!

Mike Phillips
12-31-2019, 10:25 AM
Just to comment....

I use the word

Fleeting

To describe the Big Picture of a Facebook Group. Whatever you post there is fleeting, it's like a vapor, it's there for a moment and then gone.

Compared to the interface or format provided by a forum it sucks. I don't use the word sucks in public very often but it's accurate. With a forum you do this,

Bold Heading - To tell the reader what the body copy will be about

Body copy - The body copy goes here, it goes into the details of the heading and is usually a paragraph or two or three. It's the writer's opportunity to go deep into a topic and provide real or helpful information.

Image - Then a picture can be placed in a linear format, that is sandwiched in-between one group of headings and copy and the next group of headings and copy. The image fortifies the topic being discussed.

Like this,

Dogs and Kittens

One of the most heart warming things you can experience in life is to watch the relationship between a full grown, full size large dog and a tiny, weeks-old kitten. The kitten has no fear? And the dog knows with a single swipe of their paw they can send the kitten flying across the room, but their gentle nature is patient and welcoming to their new small friend.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/kittendog.jpg

You cannot do the above on Facebook or on a Facebook Group. What you can do is type your message and then add your pictures in a jumbled mess. Nothing wrong with this it's simply not a good format for education or sharing information in a way that makes it easy for the brain to absorb and retain.

People around me tell me all the time,

Forums are dying

or even more to the point...

Forums are dead

So be it. The market place like always, will decide the winners and the losers, even if it means we're all losers. Of course, the people that I hear say this are also not people that create new content. That's one of the things I excel at - creating new content.

Maybe someday Facebook will work more like a forum.

:)

BudgetPlan1
12-31-2019, 11:32 AM
Eh, I like reading, sometimes regardless of content accuracy/quality.

While the Facebook group can certainly be Looney Tunes for the most part it still offers content on something I find interesting so I'll read it daily. If nothing else, there are some entertaining topics/posts that must be seen to be believed.

Lotsa posturing, keyboard commandos, accusations and anger there it seems but Facebook casts a wide net...Law of Averages means you're gonna catch more than your average amount of loons with each cast and in the end they're kinda harmless.

Forums, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Instagram, etc., I'll check em all and do the content filtering in my head. Its Winter here in NE Ohio and my garage ain't heated...gotta take what I can get.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

FUNX650
12-31-2019, 01:37 PM
IMO:

•Facebook:
-a means for Zuckerburg, et al, to personally
capitalize on Abraham Maslow’s theory regarding
the different levels of Humans’ “needs”.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/12ECE022-8EE0-48C0-826A-826B1C059432.jpeg

Note:
-And by capitalizing, I don’t mean in just
a highly monetarily rewarding fashion.
-Ego, among other “traits”, appears to
have been redefined.

-Also: Privacy?
Who decided we don’t need no stinkin’ privacy?!?!

•So glad I never fell victim to this scheme.

Bob

58LesPaul
01-01-2020, 08:00 AM
Actually I was just curious because I hadn't seen it in my timeline for months. I did a search and still can't find it. Google it and find "Detailing 101 by AutoGeek Facebook group" and click it and this comes up; Detailing 101 by Autogeek Public Group | Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/AutogeekDetailing101/)

Search within Facebook brings up AutoGeek but no Detailing 101 by AutoGeek to be found. I just thought it odd that it is nowhere to be found.

Brace1
01-01-2020, 09:57 AM
After seeing this thread I joined the FB group a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, pretty much finding it useless and will likely drop from it.

58LesPaul
01-01-2020, 11:15 AM
After seeing this thread I joined the FB group a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, pretty much finding it useless and will likely drop from it.

Can you provide a link? I can’t find it for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

vobro
01-01-2020, 01:00 PM
I don't FB but a simple goggle search shows a Detailing 101 by AutoGeek
https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/company-and-forum-news-headlines/103838-facebook-group-auto-detailing-101-powered-autogeek.htmland this comes up at the bottom of this very thread

58LesPaul
01-01-2020, 06:21 PM
I don't FB but a simple goggle search shows a Detailing 101 by AutoGeek
https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/company-and-forum-news-headlines/103838-facebook-group-auto-detailing-101-powered-autogeek.htmland this comes up at the bottom of this very thread

Did you click on it and actually see the facebook page because it doesn't show up when I click on it. If you noticed my post #10 I stated that I Googled it and provided a link but nothing shows up when I click on it.

vobro
01-01-2020, 06:53 PM
Did you do a search on Facebook? It comes up right away,I posted the link to give you the name of the group and just searched Detailing 101