PDA

View Full Version : Any eastern Tennesse members? Looking for...

firecorgi
12-29-2019, 06:45 AM
Hi All,

Wife and I are contemplating a move to Eastern Tennessee. Prior to moving into Alabama, Tennessee was right up there but the deciding factor was my wife’s family.

Looking from Maryville to the Greeneville/Morristown area. Also would not rule out Cookeville, although a tad off the path of Interstate 81.

Thanks for any help!

luckydawg
12-29-2019, 09:41 AM
That corgi has a nicer set of wheels than I do

What is wrong with Alabama?

TNcoupe
12-29-2019, 10:27 AM
Best thing to come out of Alabama is Interstate 59 North.

I live in east TN about halfway between Knoxville and Chattanooga. Im about 10mi off I75. Sales tax is a little higher here but we dont have a state income tax. We have fairly low property tax unless you live in a bigger city. The Knoxville/Maryville area have exploded over the last few years. Knoxville has gotten to be full of hipsters and craft brew places. Maryville is where people live that used to live in Knoxville.

chocolatetown
12-29-2019, 04:01 PM
Tellico Village located about 45 minutes west of downtown Knoxville is a nice retirement community.
Only complaint is concern about finding trusted doctors and hospitals.

luckydawg
12-29-2019, 04:46 PM
Only complaint is concern about finding trusted doctors and hospitals.
But thats most places anymore

dcjredline
12-29-2019, 06:28 PM
Looking for what? Ive read the post 4x and still dont know what you are asking about?

firecorgi
12-29-2019, 06:36 PM
That corgi has a nicer set of wheels than I do

What is wrong with Alabama?

Just not for us, even though we moved about 7 miles from my wife’s hometown.

firecorgi
12-29-2019, 06:41 PM
Looking for what? Ive read the post 4x and still dont know what you are asking about?

Looking for exactly what the posts from the posters above you offered. Particularly are there areas we should stay away from..easy access to various medical facilities, .crime, prone to flooding, over populated, trash strewn along the roadsides...