PDA

View Full Version : Rinse less wash on coated car

58LesPaul
12-26-2019, 10:35 AM
What RW/WW is best to use on a Carpro Cquartz coated car?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

DMiglio
12-26-2019, 11:15 AM
Your best bet would be Carpro Echo2, it’s formulated to be used as a maintenance product for their coatings. Can be used for both RW and WW, it cleans well and boosts up the coating a bit. It’s got a wonderful fresh scent to it and leaves an amazing finish.

CarPro ECH2O Waterless Wash & Quick Detail Spray (https://www.autogeek.net/carpro-ech20.html)

Kamakaz1961
12-26-2019, 01:37 PM
I use ONR, however, any good quality RW should do. Might as well stick with the same family.
KEEP ON ROCKING!

The Guz
12-26-2019, 01:43 PM
CarPro Ech20 works well. McKee's N914 would be another good one.

spazzz
12-26-2019, 05:27 PM
I have been using ECH20 on the 3, CQUK3 cars here.

I recently bought a 16OZ starter bottle of McKees 914 and was blown away how good it is.
It seems to be just the right amount of slick to get the job done. ECH20 works fine but seems to be a little too slick, if that makes any sense.

Get a 500ml of both to checkout, you will be pleased.

Rsurfer
12-26-2019, 06:46 PM
I have been using ECH20 on the 3, CQUK3 cars here.

I recently bought a 16OZ starter bottle of McKees 914 and was blown away how good it is.
It seems to be just the right amount of slick to get the job done. ECH20 works fine but seems to be a little too slick, if that makes any sense.

Get a 500ml of both to checkout, you will be pleased.

Never heard of a wash or QD being too slick..at least not for me.

58LesPaul
12-26-2019, 07:34 PM
I have Wolfgang Uber Rinseless but I've read it leaves something behind and thats not preferred on coated cars. Is that not preferred?

DMiglio
12-26-2019, 08:49 PM
I have Wolfgang Uber Rinseless but I've read it leaves something behind and thats not preferred on coated cars. Is that not preferred?

Never used it myself, but I’m sure many that have used it would put it in their top 3 rinseless wash options based on all the praise it gets. It does leave something behind but I’d be very surprised if it did much to “hurt” the coating.

Rsurfer
12-26-2019, 08:54 PM
It might alter the water behavior of the coating, but then again it may not be bad.

Bruno Soares
12-27-2019, 07:25 AM

Correct, great rinseless wash but can mask the water behavior of coatings due to gloss enhancers left behind.
Ech2o or N-914 would be my choices. I personally use N-914.

Coatingsarecrack
12-28-2019, 05:24 AM
McKee’s 914, and griots brilliant rinseless wash leave nothing behind.

Fenylab Pure Rinse less and Car Pros Ech20 were specifically made for coatings.

I’ve used Uber and although it uses “German super polymers” I don’t think it’s enough stuff left behind to affect coatings. I did not myself notice any adverse affects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk