PDA

View Full Version : Motorcraft brand cleaners?

Pages : [1] 2

ChilliGilly
12-24-2019, 07:27 PM
New poster, long time reader here. I bought a new F150 and in the manual it talks about a whole list of Motorcraft cleaning products. Out of curiosity I wanted to try them. I went to my local dealer here in Ontario, Canada and came to find that not many dealers up here actually stock this stuff, but orders for them can be placed.

I figured I would then just find them easily online, but as I began looking, I found out that no Canadian websites at all carry them. Amazon Canada doesn't have the products at all, and not all of the products can be shipped to Canada from the U.S. Amazon site.

Is anybody here familiar at all with the motorcraft line at all or have used their products? Perhaps know of any distributors online that would carry this stuff? I'd still really just like to try them once.

Makes me wonder why Ford would have it all over the manual but then not make it readily available.

PaulMys
12-24-2019, 07:32 PM
New poster, long time reader here. I bought a new F150 and in the manual it talks about a whole list of Motorcraft cleaning products. Out of curiosity I wanted to try them. I went to my local dealer here in Ontario, Canada and came to find that not many dealers up here actually stock this stuff, but orders for them can be placed.

I figured I would then just find them easily online, but as I began looking, I found out that no Canadian websites at all carry them. Amazon Canada doesn't have the products at all, and not all of the products can be shipped to Canada from the U.S. Amazon site.

Is anybody here familiar at all with the motorcraft line at all or have used their products? Perhaps know of any distributors online that would carry this stuff? I'd still really just like to try them once.

Makes me wonder why Ford would have it all over the manual but then not make it readily available.

IMO, don't even bother.

I work for a Ford dealer. The detail guys do not like working with the Motorcraft products, and even the sales guys told me they are mostly a marketing ploy.

Just passing on what I have heard..........

ChilliGilly
12-24-2019, 07:38 PM
IMO, don't even bother.

I work for a Ford dealer. The detail guys do not like working with the Motorcraft products, and even the sales guys told me they are mostly a marketing ploy.

Just passing on what I have heard..........

That is good to hear actually. Do the detail guys say why they don't like the products?

PaulMys
12-24-2019, 07:43 PM
That is good to hear actually. Do the detail guys say why they don't like the products?

Yes.

#1 complaint is the paint sealant (that the sales department used to push in the showroom) is "Hard to remove and stains trim".

#2 is that any of the products don't even work as well as the Ardex products they buy from the distributor. (Cheap, and in bulk).

Rsurfer
12-24-2019, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't want to buy something that I couldn't buy.

ChilliGilly
12-24-2019, 08:13 PM
Yes.

#1 complaint is the paint sealant (that the sales department used to push in the showroom) is "Hard to remove and stains trim".

#2 is that any of the products don't even work as well as the Ardex products they buy from the distributor. (Cheap, and in bulk).

Alright. Thanks for the heads up. I'll just stick with the trusted brands then.

ChilliGilly
12-24-2019, 08:14 PM
I wouldn't want to buy something that I couldn't buy.

Lol that's a good point

PaulMys
12-24-2019, 08:14 PM
Alright. Thanks for the heads up. I'll just stick with the trusted brands then.

All that aside, welcome to AGO. :)

ChilliGilly
12-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Thank you. I hope to learn a lot from everybody here!

PaulMys
12-24-2019, 08:16 PM
Any pics of your F-150??

ChilliGilly
12-26-2019, 07:19 PM
Any pics of your F-150??

Sorry for the late reply. Wasn't working from my phone. But here is the truck the day I bought it. Has a 2 inch level in it now but pretty much looks the same as it did here.

PaulMys
12-26-2019, 07:21 PM
Nice truck.

XLT, or STX?

57Rambler
12-26-2019, 07:48 PM
Last I heard, Auto International/ValuGard is the source for many OEMs, incl. Ford and GM. But the bean counters are always looking for cheaper sources, so things may have changed.

ChilliGilly
12-26-2019, 08:00 PM
Nice truck.

XLT, or STX?

Thanks, its an XLT.

ChilliGilly
12-26-2019, 08:01 PM
Last I heard, Auto International/ValuGard is the source for many OEMs, incl. Ford and GM. But the bean counters are always looking for cheaper sources, so things may have changed.

I probably won't end up chasing them after hearing the above info on them, but do you by any chance know of any way of getting in touch or buying from those places? I can't seem to find them on Google.