PDA

View Full Version : Wheel coatings

Coopers ST
12-22-2019, 12:51 PM
Hi all,

like most things in this industry the new hot product or go to changes almost weekly. With that said I am looking for a wheel coating. It will be used on two different cars.
Car 1, 1991 Miata, stock wheels, won’t get driven in bad weather, wet roads, garage kept. It will probably get 2000-3000 miles a year, no track time, but twisty road time. Washed a few times a year, but never gets dirty.
Car 2, 2019 Tucson, stock wheels, daily driven, garaged at home. Will see mag chloride roads, wet roads. Washed once or twice a month.

Car 1 is kept up with Wolfgang Sealant.
Car 2 is coated with Carpro Cquartz uk 3.0. Nothing on the wheels yet.

What direction would you go?
Thanks

spazzz
12-22-2019, 01:19 PM
I use CQUK3 for my new or hand polished wheels and Pinnacle black label wheel coating when the wheels are on the car.
So far so good with rinsing off salt/brine/sand. I still use soap and some sort of brush/woolie. But a rinse works pretty darn good

Coopers ST
12-22-2019, 02:31 PM

Here are the wheels.

The Guz
12-22-2019, 04:07 PM
What do you have on hand?

CarPro seeks 10ml bottles of their paint coatings on their site. This or any paint coating will perform just fine.

CarPro DLUX is a good choice as well. C5 Wheel Armour and Gyeon Rim are ok. My favorite at the moment is 22ple VM1. Costs more but it performs the best for me.

Coopers ST
12-22-2019, 04:33 PM
For coatings I have some Cquartz left, probably not enough for 8 wheels though. Otherwise I have polly, speed, possibly some Adam's stuff of some kind, and Wolfgang sealant.

I used Dlux in the past of my FoST with good results, but none left.

Whitewater25
12-23-2019, 12:06 AM
What do you have on hand?

CarPro seeks 10ml bottles of their paint coatings on their site. This or any paint coating will perform just fine.

CarPro DLUX is a good choice as well. C5 Wheel Armour and Gyeon Rim are ok. My favorite at the moment is 22ple VM1. Costs more but it performs the best for me.

X2 on the 22ple

Coopers ST
12-23-2019, 12:30 AM
Ok, I am stumped m what is 22ple?

Coatingsarecrack
12-23-2019, 06:59 AM

Another brand of coatings as in like Gyeon or Car pros. I bought a 15 ml bottle to do my wheels of Gtechnic C5 as I did not need any xtra coating. I’ve read good things about it but no experience. If I had to purchase now I’d go 22 ple or kamikaze stance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips
12-23-2019, 11:39 AM
I've been impressed with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armor.

:)

Coatingsarecrack
12-24-2019, 12:52 AM
Mikes recommendation reason I did originally buy the C5.

Also remember led this was only one I could find stating it wouldn’t add shine to matte/satin wheels.

The Guz
12-24-2019, 04:35 PM

Another coating brand not sold here.

Mikes recommendation reason I did originally buy the C5.

Also remember led this was only one I could find stating it wouldn’t add shine to matte/satin wheels.

The wheel coatings I have tried on matte/satin finishes doesn't add shine but rather enriches them and makes them appear darker. DLUX, C5, Gyeon RIM and 22ple all work on matte/stain wheels. What you will like about C5 is the ease of use. Do two coats would be my recommendation.