PDA

View Full Version : Making my First Purchase - Input Plz

Expell
03-19-2008, 03:15 PM
First off, the car im going to be using this on mostly is a 1994 Teal Mustang. I may also use it on my dad's red 67 mustang.

The paint is in pretty sorry shape, dull, swirls, etc.

Buffer-

UDM

Step 1. Menzerna IP P1E W/ Orange Lake County Pad

Step 2. Menzerna FP W/ White Pad

Step 3. Wolfgang Finishing Glaze W/ Gray Pad?

Step 4. Klasse Sealant W/ Gray Pad? Or do i need a red pad?

Step 5. Natty Wax

HOw does this process look for full Paint restoration? Any suggestions or things i may or may not need?

Also how many microfibre towels do people tend to use per car? im looking at a 6 pack, there so damn expensive looking to save as much money as possible.

Thank you

makdaddy626
03-19-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm not sure about putting Klasse SG over the WG Glaze, but I don't really see a need for this following the Menz polishes.

As far as towels go...
You'll need something to dry with (guzzler or the new guzzler)
Something to remove polshes and waxes (Cobra edgeless - 1 or 2 per product is usually sufficient - ie 2 to remove IP, 2 to remove FP, 2 to remove KSG)
Something fluffy like the Plush or Jr's for QD and final buffing.

More is always better - it's no fun to get time to wash and wax and realize all the towels are dirty.

For general purpose, save some $ and get a some vrooms from target. Quality isn't as important when you're talking about wheels, tires, interior...

ScottB
03-19-2008, 07:36 PM
look at the Pinnacle SSII kits, Poorboys kits, or even the forum fav kit for additional savings as wanted versus piece meal.