PDA

View Full Version : Finally going to start doing/using RW and WW's... Here are my options

Pages : [1] 2 3

MrOneEyedBoh
12-05-2019, 05:04 PM
So Ive finally convinced myself to start using RW or WW more often during the colder months. I think the technology is there and has been there, but Ive I guess grown confortable with it. What I plan on doing is using a bottle of whatever to pre-treat/spray the panels and then use The Rag Company's Eagle Edgeless towels soaked in solution to wipe down each panel. My conumdrum is what should I use? I have:

Duragloss Rinseless wash with Aquawax 931
McKees N-914
Wolfgang Uber
Meguiar's D114

What Im wondering is if one of these accel over the other and if so at RW or WW?

My truck sits pretty much all week and is driven only 203 times a week. Normally not in the rain ( although it sits in the rain ), and basically it just has light dust/pollen/dirt on it. Im not sure how Im going to tackle the wheels just yet, maybe just spraying them with solution and then wiping them down?

Eldorado2k
12-05-2019, 05:11 PM
IMO Wolfgang @3oz. per gallon is better @waterless wash than D114 & N-914. Just make sure to spray a liberal amount on the panel when waterless washing.

I haven’t tried the Duragloss.

bfielder32087
12-05-2019, 05:20 PM
So Ive finally convinced myself to start using RW or WW more often during the colder months. I think the technology is there and has been there, but Ive I guess grown confortable with it. What I plan on doing is using a bottle of whatever to pre-treat/spray the panels and then use The Rag Company's Eagle Edgeless towels soaked in solution to wipe down each panel. My conumdrum is what should I use? I have:

Duragloss Rinseless wash with Aquawax 931
McKees N-914
Wolfgang Uber
Meguiar's D114

What Im wondering is if one of these accel over the other and if so at RW or WW?

My truck sits pretty much all week and is driven only 203 times a week. Normally not in the rain ( although it sits in the rain ), and basically it just has light dust/pollen/dirt on it. Im not sure how Im going to tackle the wheels just yet, maybe just spraying them with solution and then wiping them down?Of that list I've only used the Wolfgang and McKees 37. For me Uber is very good as a RW and N 914 is the best product (that I've used) for WW.

My personal favorite RW though is CarPro Ech2o.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

MrOneEyedBoh
12-05-2019, 05:23 PM
Appreciate the replies guys.

PaulMys
12-05-2019, 05:54 PM
Uber works very well for both WW & RW.

Love that stuff.

Bruno Soares
12-05-2019, 06:41 PM
What LSP do you have on the truck? Because depending on what it is and if you want something that leaves nothing behind then N-914 is the way to go. If you have a regular wax or sealant then Uber is very nice, leaves good gloss behind. Same with Ech2o

MrOneEyedBoh
12-05-2019, 06:47 PM
I have Collinite 476 and I honestly dont care what happens or what it imparts on the wax/sealant. It'll all work in the end to one goal - more protection. Appreciate it!

Bruno Soares
12-05-2019, 07:32 PM
Then you’ll be happy with Uber. I think McKee’s cleans better but Uber left a nice gloss and smelled nicer. I was happy with it but have switched to N-914 as the cars are coated and I didn’t want polymers/gloss enhancers left behind.

BillyJack
12-05-2019, 07:57 PM
I'm not a fan of waterless , except for my garage queen Camino, which never sees rain. I do much more rinseless than soap 'n bucket for the DD's in the fleet. All of the ones you mentioned are good, but my favorite in colder temps is the DG. It just seems to dry faster and clearer.

Bill

FUNX650
12-05-2019, 08:06 PM
•If you’re wanting to use RWs/WWs that have,
essentially, no effect on existing LSPs—that is
to say: “leaves nothing behind”...
-then: Meguiar’s D114 and/or McKee’s 37 N-914
is what you’re looking for.

Otherwise:
•If it doesn’t matter to you if a RW/WW
“does leave something behind”...
-then: the selection from the remaining field
of RWs/WWs is wide open. Your choice.

Bob

Coatingsarecrack
12-05-2019, 08:45 PM
I like Mckees as a pure rinseless/waterless. Use it a lot for both. Used Uber a couple of times and if you wanna add some gloss this is good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleDavy
12-05-2019, 09:22 PM
Wolfgang Uber is my favorite. It has great lubricity and it wipes cleanly. It even works well on glass. Use multiple wash mitts and your drying towel will stay clean.

PaulMys
12-05-2019, 09:28 PM
Wolfgang Uber is my favorite. It has great lubricity and it wipes cleanly. It even works well on glass. Use multiple wash mitts and your drying towel will stay clean.

Well said, Uncle Uber!

57Rambler
12-05-2019, 10:20 PM
Put me down as another vote for Uber. I pre-treat each panel with a spray bottle of Uber mixed at the WW ratio, then RW with Uber at the RW ratio using a dozen (or so) of the Forrest Green MF towels. The lubricity of the product is very reassuring and the cherry bubblegum scent is nice.

MrOneEyedBoh
12-06-2019, 01:24 AM
Would the forest green or the gold plush towels work well? I have several of each not being used