PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding on products

Death Touch
03-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Was reading about some of the products on autogeeks web site and had a few questions.

A lot of the waxes say "looks great on black and red cars".
Does this mean I should find something different for lighter colored paint?

I have never used carnuba wax and was wondering what are the effects
on a factory paint job with clear coat? Same question for polishes and
sealers. Since theoretically they are not really touching the paint. Or am I out in left field?

Would the forum favorite look good on all colors? Metalics and non? Light and dark colors?

Thanks,

Sorry, posted in the wrong forum.

ScottB
03-18-2008, 07:21 PM
clearcoat is just unpigmented paint for lack of a better term. It is a small layer that can be polished and protected to add to your finish. Offering some products for specific colors has more to do with what is in them or not in them. Some may offer a polymer that amplifies or reflects better and thus might appear brighter on a lighter car. Solid colors (Black, Red, Yellow) dont need reflection but may benefit from a wetter or deeper look. Cannot really describe it much better.

01vw18t
03-18-2008, 07:26 PM
get some Souverän for those red and black toys and you wont be disappointed

Surfer
03-18-2008, 09:03 PM
I actually went the opposite way, like Natty's Blue, I loved it on white, as NB has a darkening effect and seemed to give the white a warmer glow that was noticeable. NB and Souv are meant moreso for dark colors, both are dripping wet and rich looking. But doesn't mean you can't use on a light color.

Jimmie
03-19-2008, 12:56 AM
I've used Souveran a lot on white. It looks great. So does Sig Series II and LS.

A4PITA
08-28-2008, 02:52 PM
Give the Zymol Creme Wax or the Zymol Glasur Glaze a try. I used them on silver cars and the finish is great.
Don't forget to use the HD-Cleanse first so the wax sticks to the paint.

mixxer
08-28-2008, 03:37 PM
nattys

charliehaley
09-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Liquid Souveran for non-metallic light colored and Signature Series II for metallic.

goodtis
10-06-2008, 01:48 PM
I prefer Nattys Blue.
http://aocglider.com/sig3.jpg

robb01
10-08-2008, 10:23 AM
nattys is a really great product

FASTFRED
10-15-2008, 11:00 AM
I like the Souveran paste wax. I use it on my Redfire Red Mustang and it makes the metallic pop. I also have used Natty's which is also a good product but I feel that the Souveran last longer.

ScottB
10-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Souveran Spray Wax will keep either wax alive and well worth its price when using carnaubas specifically.