PDA

View Full Version : Trash MF towels after using Gliss?

kingweb50
12-01-2019, 08:39 AM
I just coated my car with CQuartz UK and topped with Gliss. I trashed the towels that touched the CQuartz but can I wash and reuse the towels that touched Gliss or is that bad idea?

MarkD51
12-01-2019, 09:04 AM
When I've used CQuartz UK, I was able to save towels that I used for wipe off. They quickly went into a bucket of warm soapy water, and they seemed OK after laundering.

They were good towels, Boa's, but I'll state that after, I labeled these specific towels "CQuartz" placed them in zip lock bags, and have not intended on using them for wax removal, or polish wipe offs, but for lesser tasks.
Besides for lesser auto uses, they could perhaps be used around the house, or work-garden tools, etc.

They felt quite soft after washing and drying. I'd assume the same for Gliss could be done, but I've personally never used Gliss.

fightnews
12-01-2019, 11:50 AM
I don't know, Ive reused towels from things like essence, gtech liquid crystal, cosmic, these new pbmg sio2 sprays. They all seem good.

spazzz
12-01-2019, 12:23 PM
After using UK3 the first time I didn't have an orange degreaser soak bucket to toss my leveling micro suedes.

After laundering you could see the the set CQuartz and they were slightly stiff...trashed
The second time I made sure the used towels went in a bucket with APC to soak after using.
When I laundered the second batch there wasn't any indication of anything unusual.