PDA

View Full Version : Shipping rant

Pages : [1] 2

Troda
11-29-2019, 05:06 PM
On Nov 23rd, I ordered a new ”toy” from a company that shall remain unnamed. Like a fool I opted for the free shipping. They stated 10-13 days give or take. I thought I don’t really “need” it and it couldn’t possibly take that long. Well as of today, because of a weather delay, the package is slated to be delivered on the 6th of Dec. It’s around 500 miles away which makes it that much more frustrating. I will never learn that I just don’t have the patience for such things!

PaulMys
11-29-2019, 05:28 PM
That would be right on their claim of 13 days.

Calm down and have a beer......... :)

VISITOR
11-29-2019, 05:35 PM
with online sales being so dominant (and competetive) these days over in person purchasing (or it seems), there shouldn't be a reason for an order to take longer than 5 days or be had sooner if within the USA. JMO.

Troda
11-29-2019, 06:20 PM
I was gonna reply to Paulmys but since you’re agreeing with me I’ll just ignore him ��. Yes, I can order from Am@#&n and have it in 2 days. Walmart.com takes 1 day. 14 days is an eternity. I could be dead by then. That’s 1209600 secs for god sakes. I think Paul is right. I need a drink

Bill D
11-29-2019, 06:47 PM
I just hope you get the right toy when it arrives. My dad recently ordered with Walmart and got the wrong item. He STILL hasn’t gotten what he ordered yet.

PaulMys
11-29-2019, 07:29 PM
I was gonna reply to Paulmys but since you’re agreeing with me I’ll just ignore him ��. Yes, I can order from Am@#&n and have it in 2 days. Walmart.com takes 1 day. 14 days is an eternity. I could be dead by then. That’s 1209600 secs for god sakes. I think Paul is right. I need a drink

Sorry if I sounded mean. That was certainly not my intention.

My point was that you knew about the 10-13 day shipping window.......

Sorry for any misunderstanding. Cheers.

Troda
11-29-2019, 09:58 PM
I was just messing with you. No worries at all!!

RZJZA80
11-29-2019, 10:12 PM
What annoys me is when you order something and they don't ship it out the same day, but wait for more than 24 hours to ship it which just adds 2 days to receiving time. Anytime I order anything and need to decide between different sites, I look at the one that says same day shipping and go with that one.

Bill D
11-29-2019, 10:16 PM
I’ve had that happen to me too and it is annoying. I don’t understand what the hold up is.

dcjredline
11-29-2019, 11:16 PM
Im with PaulMys. Just because you didnt believe them doesnt mean you should be upset. lol. It looks like they made it very clear it would take that long.

I will ask this though. Where was it coming from and going to? I mean it is pretty reasonable that coming from China to the US is 10-14 days.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
11-30-2019, 01:19 AM
Here's a lovely shipping story, about 15 years ago I was ordering computer parts from Newegg, I needed 2 things so I could build my new PC. Newegg's local to me, if I ordered by 2PM my package always shipped that same day and I've have it the following day. I was ordering on a Thursday around 1PM. But, I wanted the package to come on Friday for sure so I could have a usable computer that weekend. So to be absolutely safe I paid the extra I think $2.99 to get rush processing on my order. It was the 1st and only time I used it. Needless to say my package didn't ship until Friday, so I didn't get it until Monday. To this day out of the probably 50 times I've ordered from them it was the only time I didn't get my package the next day. Oh the irony lol.

Troda
11-30-2019, 05:48 AM
The package is traveling from Colorado to Mass. It’s not that I didn’t believe it might actually take 14 days, it just amazes me it’s going to take 8 days to travel 500 miles. Although it is coming via FedEx, so they may be playing the weather. I’ll have to check Friday’s forecast because FedEx doesn’t seem to deliver to my house unless they have a heavy rain and a large puddle to rest the package in. I believe the surface tension of the water and the added weight of the package help keep it from blowing away in these heavy NE winds

MarkD51
11-30-2019, 06:30 AM
In my life, only two instances stuck out and not forgotten. One, I shipped myself some good citrus from Florida. I arrived back in the Midwest-Chicago, but the package was lost an additional 5-6 days, about 2 weeks total and when the box arrived, it was very "soggy", and 1/2 the citrus had rotted. (Yep, wonderful UPS)

Most of the shipment was "Orange-Limes", I think they are called "Calemondin"? Very good on Shellfish I found. Was saddening to say the least, those cannot be found in the Midwest.

But the worst was a rare, expensive and said to be brand spanking new Astro-Physics Traveler 4.1" Telescope, and $4500 of my money was on the line, UPS lost the package!

What should've taken 5 business days from California to Chicago, took 12 business days. I was very lucky that it arrived, and was unscathed. The seller was also wise enough to double-box the shipment. I was pretty upset and worried with that ordeal. Whew!

Weather conditions are sometimes just part of the game in winter in the USA. Cannot be helped, an act of God.

Troda
11-30-2019, 06:49 AM
My UPS delivery’s are spot on. The guys from the depot have called me to say shippers have used the wrong address, PO Box vs. physical address, told me to call the shipper to allow release. Upside is I got my package in a timely fashion. Downside? Made me realize I might be ordering too many things online if UPS is calling my cellphone

MarkD51
11-30-2019, 06:56 AM
Seems in some parts of the country, UPS is reputable and reliable, other parts the exact opposite, that it seems that Fed-Ex is the superior Shipper.

Another instance, was a brand new pair of $10,000 Bryston 7BSST2 Amps I ordered from a dealer, they were being shipped from Bryston's main USA Distributor up near Canada. The Dealer was shipping them UPS, and I was like "NOOOOOO!".

Seller and I went around, he was irate that I wanted them shipped Fed-Ex instead, as I knew all too well that UPS was pathetic in my neck of the woods of Southern New Mexico at the time, and didn't want to risk such an expensive shipment to the UPS Goons.

We argued, I told him I'd pay the difference, but he eventually agreed to ship them on his dime, at extra cost with Fed-Ex. They both arrived fine, no damage.