PDA

View Full Version : Window Glass Cleaning Tip

57Rambler
11-24-2019, 06:07 PM
So, I just replenished my stash of Invisible Glass and was perusing their web site for some product info, when I came across this tip :

Working from the top down, clean in a side-to-side or up-and-down pattern. A circular motion can create a static charge attracting dust to the surface.

Makes sense.

Bill D
11-24-2019, 06:18 PM
Yep, I do that all the time. I still get streaks left behind from IG and Sprayway although I find Sprayway to be slightly better. I’m eventually going to try Nextzett with Griots Glass PFMs and maybe a Zap cloth too. Seems like my quest for truly streak free glass is never ending. Ugh.

Coach Steve
11-25-2019, 11:44 AM
I get perfect streak free glass every time using Sprayway. Maybe it's your technique. Using 3 towels or more is usually the key.

Bill D
11-25-2019, 11:49 AM
Yep 3+ towels. It’s interesting that I get mirrors and chrome perfect every time no matter what cleaner I use. I am battling humidity nearly all year long though so that may be a factor.

2black1s
11-25-2019, 11:57 AM
My best luck for streak free glass is simple... A cotton terry cloth towel/rag liberally dampened with plain ole water followed by a dry cotton terry cloth towel/rag or two or three.

This works very well on glass that has already had any major contaminants/films removed.

Try it following your normal glass cleaner if streaks are an issue. You may be surprised.

Bill D
11-25-2019, 12:03 PM
Thanks I’m willing to try anything since glass cleaning is my Achilles Heel. I’m looking at my dark green granite countertops and I can them totally streak free but as of now still can’t get car glass streak free.

Coatingsarecrack
11-25-2019, 03:00 PM
Yep, I do that all the time. I still get streaks left behind from IG and Sprayway although I find Sprayway to be slightly better. I’m eventually going to try Nextzett with Griots Glass PFMs and maybe a Zap cloth too. Seems like my quest for truly streak free glass is never ending. Ugh.

I use both sprayaway and stoners with the griots glass pfm and both work well...... but man that zep cloth is a game changer. It’s gotta be infused with gnome magic cuz just add water and boom!

Windows are clean and stream free. I was a skeptic and now..... I guess I believe I’m magic..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill D
11-25-2019, 03:12 PM
That’s what I’ve been hearing about those cloths. They may just be my salvation! I do plan to order them!

In the past the only thing that seemed to work for me on interior glass was the old Autoglym Glass Polish. As far as I know that product is discontinued and who wants a labor intensive procedure every time the glass needs to be cleaned any way?

PaulMys
11-25-2019, 06:58 PM
I use both sprayaway and stoners with the griots glass pfm and both work well...... but man that Zap cloth is a game changer. It’s gotta be infused with gnome magic cuz just add water and boom!

Windows are clean and stream free. I was a skeptic and now..... I guess I believe I’m magic..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zap cloths are the real deal.

Hard to believe there isn't more talk about these here on AGO.

I know the gang goes crazy arguing about LSP's, but glass is glass, and the Zap cloth just works wonders.

Bill D
11-25-2019, 07:16 PM
I’m looking forward to trying one!

UncleDavy
11-25-2019, 08:02 PM
Zap cloths are the real deal.

Hard to believe there isn't more talk about these here on AGO.

I know the gang goes crazy arguing about LSP's, but glass is glass, and the Zap cloth just works wonders.

There is no need to over complicate glass. Expensive cleaners are only necessary for heavy grime. A Zap Cloth with warm water and a Griots glass towel are all that you need. Zap Cloths are inexpensive and can be used over and over again. I give them out to my friends, my family and my customers and my boss. My friends appreciate me, my family still talks to me, my customers still buy from me and I still have my job so I guess they work.

PaulMys
11-25-2019, 08:04 PM
There is no need to over complicate glass. Expensive cleaners are only necessary for heavy grime. A Zap Cloth with warm water and a Griots glass towel are all that you need.

........And a beer. But I digress. ;)

Bill D
11-25-2019, 08:17 PM
The closest thing I have right now to a zap cloth are Griot’s polypropylene wipes that don’t work for me although my friend loves them.A case of YMMV. But after hearing all the positive feedback about the zaps I will order them soon.