PDA

View Full Version : Pixie foam pads

Markymapo
11-23-2019, 08:51 AM
any recommendations for foam pads for my pixie (PXE 80- 12EC ) that is in my shopping cart. Can’t use the new toy without proper accessories

theamcguy
11-23-2019, 03:38 PM
I like the Flex pads they come in 1" 2"and 3" inch sizes and in a variety of hardnesses (cutting through polish and wax application). They last a long time and the Velcro is really sticky.

Mike Phillips
11-23-2019, 03:49 PM
The FLEX 1" and 3" pads work great.

So do the Lake Country 1" pads and 3.5" Force Hybrid pads.

And the RUPES 1" pads also work.

Actually, in the 12mm free spin mode, this tool has plenty of power to maintain pad rotation. I was having better luck with the thicker pads than with thinner pads like ThinPros and BOSS 3.5" pads. Go figure.

In rotary mode, this tools will turn and churn any 1" pads, foam and microfiber.

The 2" backing plate is not available yet, so no info for that yet.

:)

theamcguy
11-23-2019, 05:37 PM

I use the 2" pads on my Griot's Garage mini polisher they work great. I did not know that they were making the thin pads in 1" 2" and 3" sizes but the Flex pads have done anything I have asked them to do so I'll stick with them. They worked really great on the iBrid and the Griot's mini polisher, plus they are a quality pad.

Vanquish Auto
11-24-2019, 11:28 AM

Actually, in the 12mm free spin mode, this tool has plenty of power to maintain pad rotation. I was having better luck with the thicker pads than with thinner pads like ThinPros and BOSS 3.5" pads. Go figure.

In rotary mode, this tools will turn and churn any 1" pads, foam and microfiber.

Will they be releasing a 2” backing plate? I thought it was kind of odd the kit didn’t come with one.

theamcguy
11-24-2019, 11:59 AM
I am hoping they do. I would be nice. Neither the PXE or the iBrid have a 2" option which I find strange. The Griot's mini polisher and their new G8 both have a 2" option which is why I purchased the G8 to replace my Griot's mini polisher, to take advantage of the new features and increase in power.

rlmccarty2000
11-24-2019, 10:03 PM
I am hoping they do. I would be nice. Neither the PXE or the iBrid have a 2" option which I find strange. The Griot's mini polisher and their new G8 both have a 2" option which is why I purchased the G8 to replace my Griot's mini polisher, to take advantage of the new features and increase in power.

The iBrid comes with a 2 inch backing plate.

theamcguy
11-25-2019, 08:08 AM

You're right it does I just always use a 3 inch pad on it.

Mike Phillips
11-25-2019, 09:23 AM
Will they be releasing a 2” backing plate? I thought it was kind of odd the kit didn’t come with one.

Not sure the specifics but what's more important is first creating the tool. Now we can accessorize.

And in case anyone wonders, the thread diameters on the Nano backing plates are smaller than the thread diameter on the PXE backing plates -so they will not interchange.

mc2hill
11-26-2019, 11:09 AM
any recommendations for foam pads for my pixie (PXE 80- 12EC ) that is in my shopping cart. Can’t use the new toy without proper accessories

Find a large pad (5-6") that you like and get a hole saw or punch to create smaller pads for the pixie.

Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN
03-02-2021, 05:24 PM

:)Thanks Mike!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app