PDA

View Full Version : D2G Review: Eco System Waterless wash & Polish

Dust2Glory
03-18-2008, 01:39 PM
First off I want to thank AG for sending me this stuff to try out... first time using a "waterless wash". So to be safe I used it on my personal vehicle, a 1997 GMC Jimmy;white.

I tested it on the hood seeing that it's a flat piece and dirty from drizzle.
This is a before shot, at the bottle you can see the brown beads which are dirt.
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z101/preacher4jsus/Eco%20System/CIMG2741.jpg

So I sprayed the Eco on half the hood, then on a 1/4 of a mf towel. Proceeded to wipe in a downward direction starting from nearest the windshield. And after each swipe I got a new face of the mf and misted it with Eco to ensure proper washing and no scratching. Here is a bad attempt at a 50/50:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z101/preacher4jsus/Eco%20System/CIMG2744.jpg
You can kind of see the smear line where I didn't cross over into the dirty side of the hood that hadn't been sprayed with Eco.

Here is a side view, again if you look to the center of the hood you can see the line:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z101/preacher4jsus/Eco%20System/CIMG2743.jpg

My take:
This product does excatly what it says it'll do. It cleaned the hood very well. Easy to follow directions. Not alot to it. Now me being a mobile detailer and working out in the sun, this would not be a top product for myself. But for those of you who only detail your personal vehicles I could see this coming in handy, especially in the winter time. ONR is great stuff, but this involves no water at all. It lifts the dirt off the car before you even swipe it to help ensure that you don't scrap the dirt across the finish of your car. On a down note... this stuff will strip LSP!! It left the hood feeling very rough, however if you an Aquawax nut like myself, then that fixes the problem. I acutally Qd'd the hood, then applied AW to make sure all Eco was removed.

My clean hood:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z101/preacher4jsus/Eco%20System/CIMG2747.jpg

Enjoy!!!

dengood1
03-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Nice review. I totally agree about it stripping the LSP and being a good cleaner----too good! It didn't leave the surface with "slick polymers" as it states it does. I too had to use FK425 to get the surface "back to normal". Definitely made the surface dry and rough. This may be a good product for some, but not for me.

Whitethunder46
03-18-2008, 05:38 PM
So is Poorboy's S&W still the #1 choice between QD's and rinseless washes?

Driven Auto Detail
03-18-2008, 06:09 PM
WT - I'd say ONR is the most popular product for rinseless washing and quick detailing. Although, Optimum's new Instant Detailer is fantastic.

Dust2Glory
03-18-2008, 07:52 PM
WT - I'd say ONR is the most popular product for rinseless washing and quick detailing. Although, Optimum's new Instant Detailer is fantastic.

This is a WATERLESS wash. ONR still uses water, not as much... but still needs water to work.

QD's SHOULD NOT be used to wash a car... just for light dusting and maintaince.

Driven Auto Detail
03-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Yep, I know that. WT asked about rinseless washing though:

So is Poorboy's S&W still the #1 choice between QD's and rinseless washes?

Dust2Glory
03-18-2008, 09:42 PM
woops... my bad, I read that wrong

Whitethunder46
03-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Yep, I know that. WT asked about rinseless washing though:

Well yea, ONR and DP 4 and 1 kinda of go hand in hand. but between this Poorboy's S&W is almost identical (in words) to Eco System's waterless wash. Spray and wipe basically for each. So I'm wondering how this compares to Poorboy's S&W.
ONR is in a completely other category.

ehuth1
03-18-2008, 11:09 PM
One question... If all other spray and wipe waterless washes don't touch the ground or pollute the air, how is Eco System that much more "ECO" friendly?

I guess it is just trying to compete with rinseless washes thats all, right?

I can homebrew some ONR with other secret sauces to produce a ultimate waterless wash :)

Nice Review D2G.

Driven Auto Detail
03-19-2008, 06:27 AM
One question... If all other spray and wipe waterless washes don't touch the ground or pollute the air, how is Eco System that much more "ECO" friendly?

I think the ingredients:

Contains: Water, Plant-derived surfactants (coconut + soy), Water-based polymer, Organic Solvent (soy), Preservative. No fragrances or dyes.

Eco Touch Waterless Car Care Products (http://ecotouch.net/product_details.php?pid=19&PHPSESSID=eb0ee13d9a07a084ec412ee0724cdc48)

sparkie
03-19-2008, 06:51 PM
More then likely, I'm guessing the eco system is using biodegradable chemical.
That is living organisms eat the stuff. Or it decomposed (breaks down).

Gritguard
03-31-2008, 05:55 PM

I guess it is just trying to compete with rinseless washes thats all, right?

It's definitely the ingredients.

I look at it like this:
Rain will eventually rinse off most of the chemicals you apply to your car. If that chemical has silicone or something, it's not good for the environment, if it is biodegradable like Eco Touch, no harm on the environment.