PDA

View Full Version : Mobile guys with trailers. Need help please

Billy Baldone
11-16-2019, 07:25 PM
Hello. I need help setting up my mobile trailer. Im going with a 5x8. I plan on mounting a generator and a water tank. I feel dimb asking, but i have no clue how to actually mount them to the floor. Do i just drill in hooks? Do i need to reinforce them? Will I need a water pump? I also want to run a CR deionizer. Do i need to just run hoses from the tank, to the pump. To the Deionizer then pressure washer? I teally appreciate the help

PaulMys
11-16-2019, 07:46 PM
I'm not a mobile guy, but what is your trailer floor made of? Wood? Metal?

Mounting a generator isn't much of a hassle, but a water tank might be a bit more of a challenge.

Water is heavy, and will obviously "slosh" around in a tank while being driven. Turns, bumps in the road, braking, etc. will present a lot of force.

There are many options though. Brackets, ratchet straps, tie down loops, "D" rings........ Almost endless options.

Billy Baldone
11-16-2019, 08:01 PM
The floor is wood

Rrthomas78
11-16-2019, 09:09 PM
The floor is woodWhat size is the water tank? If it's the rectangle barrel style I would mount d-rings to the floor and use ratchet straps. Generator I would just u-bolts or something like that.The other stuff your asking I have no clue. I would assume you would need a little 12v water pump. I think there are some high dollar p/washers that will draw from a tank without a pump though. Good luck with everything

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)