PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars comes into the Ceramic age.

Me Time
11-05-2019, 09:11 PM
Just saw this on their site. Anybody seen or heard anything about it?

Wonder if Professor Phillips will get to play with any of the products at SEMA and fill us in on it when he comes back? And if/when Autogeek may start stocking it.

YouTube (https://youtu.be/-hGwFnWT0HU)

KBsToy
11-06-2019, 05:13 AM

Wonder if Professor Phillips will get to play with any of the products at SEMA and fill us in on it when he comes back? And if/when Autogeek may start stocking it.

Everybody`s coming out with their version. See how this holds up when the you tubers do their tests on their product's :)

DetailZeus
11-06-2019, 08:47 AM
I'm sure it will last if you "boost" it every month :laughing:

I'd be more impressed if that WOWO sealant could get a year.

BudgetPlan1
11-06-2019, 01:27 PM

I think the M788 kit has been avaliable 'across the pond' for quite a while now. Their indication that it's a 'new formula' makes me think they've tweaked it so that it now meets US VOC regulations or something to that effect.

Everybody`s coming out with their version. See how this holds up when the you tubers do their tests on their product's :) I guess they are somewhat constrained by time but many of those tests where they hit it with APC's, wax and grease removers and other such stuff seem kinda silly to me. Can't remember the last time it rained APC on my car. It's kinda like the oft-cited '34 way test' of sealants and coatings; perhaps a good starting point but until they strap that test panel to a car and drive it around, really doesn't give a true indication of longevity. Has been my exprience that merely sitting outside really doesn't have much effect on LSP degradation up here in NE Ohio. Now down in AZ or Death Valley, that may be a different story.

Me Time
11-06-2019, 08:30 PM
Everybody`s coming out with their version. See how this holds up when the you tubers do their tests on their product's :)

I saw where not only are they coming out with the professional products, but the consumer ones also.

Me Time
11-06-2019, 08:33 PM
I think the M788 kit has been avaliable 'across the pond' for quite a while now. Their indication that it's a 'new formula' makes me think they've tweaked it so that it now meets US VOC regulations or something to that effect.

Wonder what that will do to the durability if anything?

I guess they are somewhat constrained by time but many of those tests where they hit it with APC's, wax and grease removers and other such stuff seem kinda silly to me. Can't remember the last time it rained APC on my car. It's kinda like the oft-cited '34 way test' of sealants and coatings; perhaps a good starting point but until they strap that test panel to a car and drive it around, really doesn't give a true indication of longevity. Has been my exprience that merely sitting outside really doesn't have much effect on LSP degradation up here in NE Ohio. Now down in AZ or Death Valley, that may be a different story.

Agree with you on the real world testing. But I think sometimes they give you a idea of how well it can hold up. Especially, if someone takes their car to a Swril-a-matic instead of hand washing it at home.

BudgetPlan1
11-06-2019, 10:22 PM
Agree with you on the real world testing. But I think sometimes they give you a idea of how well it can hold up. Especially, if someone takes their car to a Swril-a-matic instead of hand washing it at home.Yup...a good starting point for sure.

I wonder how different the whole detailing 'thing' is between places like Buffalo, NY and Phoenix, AZ?

In the wintery Northeast I remember never caring so much about my cars many years ago, some likely never had any sort of protection applied. The roof/hood never looked too bad even after 250k miles as far as paint failure goes.

Last time I was in Phoenix, I couldn't believe how many totally sun-torched cars I saw, many kinda not too old. Hoods and roofs just completely nuked. That sun must just be terminal out there, maybe interiors that get sun thru windows too? Dashboards?

Me Time
11-06-2019, 11:52 PM
Yup...a good starting point for sure.

I wonder how different the whole detailing 'thing' is between places like Buffalo, NY and Phoenix, AZ?

In the wintery Northeast I remember never caring so much about my cars many years ago, some likely never had any sort of protection applied. The roof/hood never looked too bad even after 250k miles as far as paint failure goes.

Last time I was in Phoenix, I couldn't believe how many totally sun-torched cars I saw, many kinda not too old. Hoods and roofs just completely nuked. That sun must just be terminal out there, maybe interiors that get sun thru windows too? Dashboards?

My daughter went to school in Cleveland. After the first couple of trips we started to rent something to take her and pick her up instead of screwing our vehicles up due to the roads having potholes all year round as big as the Grand Canyon. Three times in the winter we had black SUV's. When we returned them the gentleman that always took care of us at the rental counter would always joke that he could of swore they were black instead of white. There was so much salt on them I know it had to be doing something to the paint.

Coatingsarecrack
11-07-2019, 02:50 AM
Yeah and when testing the products out most don’t even pay attention to instructions! They coat and then test.

Jimbo always does that. It’s like buying food and not cooking it and wondering why it isn’t good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightnews
11-07-2019, 08:38 AM
Yeah and when testing the products out most don’t even pay attention to instructions! They coat and then test.

Jimbo always does that. It’s like buying food and not cooking it and wondering why it isn’t good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha, I know a lot of people who do this and not just with detailing products that is for sure....

acuRAS82
11-07-2019, 09:25 AM
Yup...a good starting point for sure.

Growing up in Syracuse NY, I recall my older Honda’s getting some rust on the rear wheel wells, which was a Honda problem back then. Cars that were 10+ years old would get some rust on lower panels. But I very rarely ever saw paint damage due to sun like you see down south.

Different problems for different locations. Can definitely impact what to use and how often to use it while detailing.

fightnews
11-07-2019, 11:08 AM
Growing up in Syracuse NY, I recall my older Honda’s getting some rust on the rear wheel wells, which was a Honda problem back then. Cars that were 10+ years old would get some rust on lower panels. But I very rarely ever saw paint damage due to sun like you see down south.

Different problems for different locations. Can definitely impact what to use and how often to use it while detailing.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

Me Time
11-13-2019, 09:38 PM
Has anyone got to play with any of these yet?

CleanIT
11-13-2019, 10:11 PM

Yep. Turtle Wax also just came out with an entire new line. "Hybrid Solutions"

YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm818IM4vt8)