PDA

View Full Version : Carpro Cquartz

Pages : [1] 2

58LesPaul
11-05-2019, 06:01 PM
I applied Cquartz today on my wifes Rav4. I used the 30 ml bottle and I have about 1/3 of the bottle left. Did I not use enough or is that about right? Also, what can I do with the 1/3 bottle I have left?

Thanks

The Guz
11-05-2019, 06:37 PM
I applied Cquartz today on my wifes Rav4. I used the 30 ml bottle and I have about 1/3 of the bottle left. Did I not use enough or is that about right? Also, what can I do with the 1/3 bottle I have left?

Thanks

It depends on how much paint is on the vehicle. It takes about 10-20 mls applying two coats. More if one is a first time user.

Use the rest on wheels, chrome pieces, interior piano type pieces, headlights, taillights.

MarkD51
11-05-2019, 06:43 PM
Can't add much more than what the Guz has said. Sounds like you done good.

Maybe one place you could apply it other than the other places mentioned, is the Sill Steps and some of the door jambs in the Doorways. They often take a beating from the weather, and from scuffs, getting in and out.

As you know, wherever you choose to apply this product, do your prep work beforehand, cleaning, polishing if needed, and final prep (Eraser)

58LesPaul
11-05-2019, 06:58 PM
I only applied one coat, can go back tomorrow and apply another coat? It's in the garage, what kind of prep do I need to do before adding a 2nd coat?

Thanks

Mgavin1985
11-05-2019, 08:39 PM
Its normal I do two coats and usually have 5-10 mls your gonna love cquartz I think it is a very good looking coating plus exceptionally hydrophobic for a long time and affordable.

i would do good look over tomorrow in sunlight see if you have any high spots if you find some it’s not a big deal quick polish and recoat the small area

The Guz
11-06-2019, 12:38 PM
I only applied one coat, can go back tomorrow and apply another coat? It's in the garage, what kind of prep do I need to do before adding a 2nd coat?

Thanks

You will more than likely have a little dust build up. If you have a high plush towel, lightly skim the surface with it to lift off the dust using zero pressure. Then apply the second coat.

mrmarkmac
11-13-2019, 10:28 PM
It depends on how much paint is on the vehicle. It takes about 10-20 mls applying two coats. More if one is a first time user.

Use the rest on wheels, chrome pieces, interior piano type pieces, headlights, taillights.

For piano black interior trim, and exterior B pillars, would one be better than another, when having left over CQUK3.0, GLISS, DLUX and Leather available?

The Guz
11-13-2019, 11:55 PM
for piano black interior trim, and exterior b pillars, would one be better than another, when having left over cquk3.0, gliss, dlux and leather available?

cquk 3.0

mrmarkmac
11-14-2019, 07:19 AM
cquk 3.0

I’ve always topped CQUK with GLISS so these small areas wouldn’t be any different I assume.

The Guz
11-14-2019, 10:50 AM
I’ve always topped CQUK with GLISS so these small areas wouldn’t be any different I assume.

For the interior CQUK 3.0 is good enough. I missed the part of the exterior b pillars. If they are paint then use what you use on the rest of the paint. If it is matte CQUK 3.0 still works but DLUX is another option that works well. The last time I coated matte pillars I used DLUX.

mrmarkmac
11-14-2019, 05:04 PM
For the interior CQUK 3.0 is good enough. I missed the part of the exterior b pillars. If they are paint then use what you use on the rest of the paint. If it is matte CQUK 3.0 still works but DLUX is another option that works well. The last time I coated matte pillars I used DLUX.

the b pillars are also the piano black finish. I’m assuming they’re plastic and the type that will scratch super easy.

The Guz
11-14-2019, 05:39 PM
the b pillars are also the piano black finish. I’m assuming they’re plastic and the type that will scratch super easy.

Then your good with CQUK topped with Gliss. You are right they tend to scratch easily.

Some have had paint protection film applied to them for that very reason.

PaulMys
11-14-2019, 05:46 PM
You are right they tend to scratch easily.

Some have had paint protection film applied to them for that very reason.

Those things scratch if you even look at them funny. I can't believe auto makers haven't realized this by now....... :(

DETAILROOKIE
11-14-2019, 09:06 PM
Those things scratch if you even look at them funny. I can't believe auto makers haven't realized this by now....... :(I hated having painted ones on my cars, but luckily some automakers are moving towards matte black or unpainted plastic. Woohoo.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

58LesPaul
11-14-2019, 09:44 PM
I put solution finish on the black around the sideview mirrors. Can I put a coating on them after they have dried? I have DLUX and McKee's wheel coating. I actually used the wheel coating on my windshield and it seems to be working fine.