PDA

View Full Version : How cold can I apply sealant?

58LesPaul
10-31-2019, 02:03 PM
It’s 36 outside and 48 degrees in my garage, will there be any issues applying Klasse sealant at that temperature?

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Klasse Act
10-31-2019, 02:24 PM
Seems the rule of thumb is 60 degrees and I follow it for sure. How are you going to be applying KSG[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

58LesPaul
10-31-2019, 02:42 PM
Seems the rule of thumb is 60 degrees and I follow it for sure. How are you going to be applying KSG[emoji848]

I followed your instructions on the first application yesterday. I had a phone call and let it sit for 3 or 4 minutes and still saw where I didn’t get it all off and had to go back over it with Klasse. Other than that it worked great.

I really can’t tell much difference from when after polishing without an LSP. Hoping when it’s warm enough the 2nd layer will make it pop, but it is silver.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Klasse Act
10-31-2019, 03:08 PM
Yeah its basically work it in and wipe off right away, no need to wait[emoji6]

FUNX650
10-31-2019, 04:44 PM
It’s 36 outside and 48 degrees in my
garage, will there be any issues applying
Klasse sealant at that temperature?

•IMO:
-It’s not only the temperature to take
into account...there are other factors
as well.

-Mike’s following article explains, in depth,
what these factors are.

What temperature ranges are best for applying compounds, polishes, waxes and paint sealants (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-to-articles-by-mike-phillips/46956-what-temperature-ranges-best-applying-compounds-polishes-waxes-paint-sealants.html)

Bob

acuRAS82
10-31-2019, 06:52 PM
^^ Good article from Mike, pointed out by Bob. Those are optimal settings.

I’ve applied PBL sealant in February (probably 30degF in my garage) and got 5-6 months out of it. I’ve also spray waxed many times in the 30s or 40s with seemingly no issue during application. But I’ve also used spray waxes and QDs in the 20s and had them freeze on contact or during initial wipe.

Lots of variables to consider, but generally if they apply OK, they usually have worked OK for me.