PDA

View Full Version : microfiber towel cleaning is this ok?

Newcarsmell
10-30-2019, 05:49 PM
So i use interior mf towels for my dash etc and seats and mf towels for the two bucket method etc. I use a meguiars ultimate wax spray with these same towels and wondering after i wash them will it be ok to use it as my two bucket towels too? I saw this spray is bit yellow and thinking it has some carnabua wax in it and thinking if it hardens or something and i use it for two bucket method might scratch lol.. (light sprays i use).. Anyways, just curious if i can be used washing and waxing interchangeabily...

Is the yellow color from this spray caranabua?

PaulMys
10-30-2019, 05:57 PM
No problem.

Don't worry about waxes (sprays, liquid, or pastes) coming out in the wash with a quality MF wash.

Just don't mix any towels you may use on your wheels in with the ones you use to wash/rinseless wash, or wax and you will be fine. :)

DirtyDuty
10-30-2019, 07:03 PM
Is the yellow color from this spray caranabua?

I recently found out that the Ultimate Quick Wax(spray) has some carnauba in it but its a very small amount. I've used the UQW and the X-press wax, aside from scent the same, neither would I describe as yellow, to me they look white. How much yellow are you seeing?

I suggest something like this for the wash part Gold Plush Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt, microfiber chenille wash mitt (https://www.autogeek.net/gold-plush-wash-mitt.html), that will keep your MF rags out of the mix. I haven't actually used that specific mitt, I use a pad similar to it and like it.