PDA

View Full Version : Video: Review of the NEW Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating (Hybrid Solutions) !!

Pages : [1] 2 3

OrangeVee
10-27-2019, 01:10 AM
Hi guys!

An exclusive video for you guys this week. Be the first to watch my review of the new Ceramic Spray Coating from Turtle Wax. :)

So if you have seen some of my recent videos, you'll know that I was lucky enough to be a part of the testing phase of the new Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions lineup (which sits on top of the ICE line, and will be available for sale on AutoGeek very soon) and was able to give my real world feedback on their products. I was able to test and review the final production version of the new lineup, including the Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Coating (which was formulated on the basis of Seal N Shine with ceramic components and other major tweaks) and you'll even get to hear the chemist and VP of the R&D department talk about the chemistry behind the product in my video. Pretty awesome stuff!

Enjoy the video!

https://youtu.be/_r_AXaUeTIQ

Don M
10-27-2019, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the video, I watched it on You Tube within hours of you putting it out!

I've watched all the videos from all the You Tube detailers about the release of the Hybrid Solutions Line and I've been waiting (not very patiently) for the videos to start coming out showcasing the line.

My burning question (and I mentioned this on your You Tube Channel) is about the Hybrid Solutions Polish & Wax. The Polish & Wax is said to need 24 hours to cure. I understand this if it is going to be used as a stand alone product, but what about if you are going to use it as a prep or 'base' for the Spray Coating? Does the 24 hour cure still apply?

I plan on getting a few of the products once they hit the stores, although I doubt I'll have the opportunity to use them until Spring since typically Mother Nature doesn't give me any nice enough days in November/December here in NE Ohio to detail a car. Right now, I'm looking at the Polish & Wax as a prep - unless the cure time still applies since I simply don't have the time, especially when detailing a customer's car to wait. If so, I'll stick with the Clean Finish Polishing Compound since it's working so well for me, or the ICE Speed Compound for the heavier corrections. Then, for sure, the Spray Coating for my primary protectant step, and then most likely the 3 in 1, Quick Detailer/Waterless Wash for maintenance/upkeep.

Right now I don't see the need for the Wash & Wax since I still really like Meguiar's Hyper-Wash, since it dilutes like crazy and doesn't strip or leave anything behind, or the Wet Wax/Drying Aid since I've started using my leaf-blower to dry the cars.

Any thoughts or suggestions on my list or my plans for using the new line?

Billy Baldone
10-27-2019, 10:03 AM
Pan. I love your YouTube videos and all..... But isn't linking a full blown video review of a product not sold at Autogeek a direct violation of forum rules?

Don M
10-27-2019, 10:16 AM
Pan. I love your YouTube videos and all..... But isn't linking a full blown video review of a product not sold at Autogeek a direct violation of forum rules?

The powers that be have already said that the Turtle Wax, Hybrid Solutions Line, not the entire Turtle Wax line, will be sold at AutoGeek.

Billy Baldone
10-27-2019, 10:17 AM
Oh then awesome. Keep them coming!!

ScottH
10-27-2019, 10:29 AM
Pan really informative and being it will be available at AG as well is awesome news! PS I think Seal and Shine will still be a very relevant product where there is high price sensitivity and the $6-$7 dollar difference is important to people.

ScottH

RPPM
10-27-2019, 02:10 PM
Pan,

Will this ruin your microfiber rags from the Si02?

The Guz
10-27-2019, 02:37 PM
One thing to keep an eye on is to see if this spray coating fizzles out like Mothers CMX which was hyped up pretty well for being long lasting.

Klasse Act
10-27-2019, 02:54 PM
One thing to keep an eye on is to see if this spray coating fizzles out like Mothers CMX which was hyped up pretty well for being long lasting.I got this product as soon as it came out and haven't even used it yet and haven't really heard too much about it but then again there's waves of products that have come out since, guess you've gotta wait for the cream to rise to the top.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OrangeVee
10-27-2019, 03:43 PM
Pan,

Will this ruin your microfiber rags from the Si02?

No! That's the cool part. Just wash after use, and reuse.

OrangeVee
10-27-2019, 03:44 PM

Heheh no worries, I always try to follow the forum guidelines. I met the AutoGeek folks during the Turtle Wax launch event, and knew they would carry the Hybrid Solutions line, hence why there is no issue in posting this. :)

Thanks for the kind words about my videos by the way. I really work hard to produce them, so it's nice to see them being appreciated.

RPPM
10-28-2019, 06:23 PM
No! That's the cool part. Just wash after use, and reuse.

That is great news.

boosteddub69
10-28-2019, 07:28 PM
One thing to keep an eye on is to see if this spray coating fizzles out like Mothers CMX which was hyped up pretty well for being long lasting.

I’m with Guz on this one. I jumped on the CMX bandwagon and it did not live up to the hype. Turtle Wax has been on a roll recently so I’m cautiously optimistic.

Klasse Act
10-29-2019, 07:33 AM
I’m with Gus on this one. I jumped on the CMX bandwagon and it did not live up to the hype. Turtle Wax has been on a roll recently so I’m cautiously optimistic.The thing is though, they have a very recent history of great products with the ICE line up, so there's no reason to thing they're going down, they're trending UP[emoji3595]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The Guz
10-29-2019, 12:25 PM

I will quote myself but this doesn't look to be game changing. Unless using it in full sun is the selling point. Looks like it could find its way to the Mothers CMX category. I am personally not a fan of these torture tests but feel free to check this one out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsEU3rR3SQM