PDA

View Full Version : Paint, trim, and wheels coating

geekfloyd
10-26-2019, 02:19 PM
I am coating a new car with CQ lite. Would you go with the CQ lite on the black trim? My Rogue has a good amount of trim. If I use Dlux, will I have a hard time keeping it away from my new CQ lite on the paint? With 150ml of coating for 3 vehicles, what would be your priority? 1 or 2 coats? Trim? Wheels?
First time using coatings and I want to do no harm.

The Guz
10-26-2019, 04:32 PM
You will be fine with either Lite or DLUX on trim. Do you already own DLUX or just Lite? One thing I will mention is to use some good lighting as some areas of the trim may absorb product a little differently. So you may have to reapply to those areas to get an even look.

It does not matter if you were to get DLUX on the paint after it was coated. Lite would more than likely reject it while you are wiping off the excess from the trim.

It is recommended to apply two coats on painted surfaces but you will be fine if you only did one. You have to consider the size of the vehicles you plan to coat. Larger vehicles will use more product of course. On an average size sedan with 2 coats expect to use about 20-30 ml's on the paint. Trim and wheels less product.

You will enjoy the ease of application of LIte.

I would recommend some good towels to wipe off the product. Two towels helps with the first doing the heavy lifting and the second giving you that final wipe to ensure no excess products develops into high spots. Although this coating is forgiving with high spots if they occur. I tend to use the rag company edgeless 300 towels for coating removal.

Feel free to reference my review and ask any additional questions you may have.

Review - CarPro Cquartz Lite (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/123222-review-carpro-cquartz-lite.html)

geekfloyd
10-26-2019, 09:54 PM
I am all set to coat a few cars in my garage this week with CQ lite. I plan on applying Reload after 2 coats of lite. Now the weather is a challenge. Temp in the upper 40’s with rain and high humidity. I will try to give them at least 24 hrs in the garage. Best practices and advice please.