PDA

View Full Version : New Graphene product from IGL and maybe carpro?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mgavin1985
10-25-2019, 10:21 PM
It’s for sale here it’s called F4 from IGl it’s a coating non abrasive polish/filler/fixer top coat same type of product as esscence plus anyone used? I’m waiting for the sema showing carpro I’ve heard is releasing Graphene.....Maybe AVI can drop a hint.

SWETM
10-25-2019, 11:48 PM
That's was an interesting rumor about the Carpro graphene product. The IGL Renew F4 seems very interesting and not so much of information about it. But it's very new too. Will be interesting to see how many graphene based products that's being released at sema this year. Think that I have read about IGL will be releasing a full blown graphene coating very soon and probebly at SEMA. Their paint coatings is usually certified only sadly. Graphene is moving fast into the detailing products now.

IGL Ecoshine Renew F4 - 300gm (https://www.autogeek.net/igl-ecoshine-renew-f4.html)

/ Tony

dcjredline
10-25-2019, 11:56 PM
Oh good something to make everyone not talk about ceramic coatings or SiO2. LOL. Now Im gonna have to see graphene everywhere. lol lol Just being a negative nancy today

The Guz
10-26-2019, 12:02 AM
CarPro hasn’t confirmed any Graphene coating and I haven’t heard anything about it. It’s just a rumor at this point.

Justin made a post recently on using this IGL product.

Angelwax will be releasing some Graphene products.

SPS already is out with theirs and they also introduced a Graphene infused QD.

It’s the next buzz word as the coating market moves forward. SEMA will be the stage for Graphene.

fightnews
10-26-2019, 04:21 AM
CarPro hasn’t confirmed any Graphene coating and I haven’t heard anything about it. It’s just a rumor at this point.

Justin made a post recently on using this IGL product.

Angelwax will be releasing some Graphene products.

SPS already is out with theirs and they also introduced a Graphene infused QD.

It’s the next buzz word as the coating market moves forward. SEMA will be the stage for Graphene.

What is the benefits supposed to be guz?

Pats300zx
10-26-2019, 08:05 AM
Well all I can say is that I am holding out for coatings made with "Vibranium"

Mike Phillips
10-26-2019, 08:08 AM
We shot a segment for this last week on "My Classic Car".

Piqued my curiosity.

It's like a non-abrasive paint cleaner that leaves graphene behind on the surface. The Graphene is some new form of protective coating that creates a super hydrophobic surface that also offers great longevity.

I'm looking forward to trying. We have a bottle of it that just returned to Autogeek yesterday from all the stuff we shipped to the set of "My Classic Car".

:)

Mike Phillips
10-26-2019, 08:09 AM
Well all I can say is that I am holding out for coatings made with "Vibranium"

I'm still waiting for,

Unobtainium

I guess it's difficult to find?

:)

FUNX650
10-26-2019, 08:37 AM
•Currently, Graphene goes for ~$200 a gram:
-Damn those nanotubes!

•Graphite—>Graphene:
-Hmm...
RE: Coatings’ claim to 9H pencil hardness:
is this “the rest of the story?” ~P. Harvey

Bob

The Guz
10-26-2019, 11:53 AM
What is the benefits supposed to be guz?

Graphene is well known for its durability and protection. It’s more hydrophobic and chemical resistant. It is well known in industries such as aerospace.

Graphene is expensive. So expect products to not have as much within it.

FUNX650
10-26-2019, 12:30 PM
Graphene is well known for its durability
and protection.

Yep, at this moment in history, Graphene is the
strongest substance mankind has ever known.

It is well known in industries such as aerospace.

If detailing products’ manufacturers are able
to divert some of it—to be used in products
designated for the Consumer market—What
a major coup that would be, IMO.

Bob

Mgavin1985
10-26-2019, 06:56 PM
If it’s a paint cleaner that leaves behind Graphene might skip until something more concentrated hits market hopefully on 11/5/19. Graphite on the other hands not so strong but good at making things slide past each when it’s a tight squeeze who needs molybdenum. Graphite it’s a slippery slop. What the Christ am I mumbling on about I sound like Bob.:dblthumb2:

FUNX650
10-26-2019, 08:30 PM
What the Christ am I
mumbling on about

I sound like Bob.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/FF733D39-4BD3-40E8-B6FB-23395860C8F2.jpeg

Bob

Rrthomas78
10-26-2019, 09:41 PM
At my pace when this comes out I will finally try a ceramic

Sent from my SM-A205U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Rsurfer
10-27-2019, 12:41 AM
Graphene is expensive. So expect products to not have as much within it.
Oh no, another ingredient war. The manufactures will start low and then add more % in order to get you to buy the largest amount of Graphene in a product. Oh, and what about durability..LIFETIME!!