PDA

View Full Version : Pricing of Coating packages

Every_detail
10-25-2019, 06:26 AM
hey everyone, so Im going to opening my own shop here by the beginning of the new year. I have been doing this out of my garage for the past 5 years and have been detailing for the last 15 years. Now that I will have overhead, Im looking to restructure my prices.

I see some people charge X amount for the Ceramic and say prep not included and others I see a base price, lets say $1200 for a 5 year coating (would imagine thats prep and ceramic)

Trying to come up with the most appealing way to offer the prices to customers. Unsure if a certain approach will scare them off.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Dan Tran
10-25-2019, 08:23 AM
Are you planning on offering pro coatings?

Typically, pro coatings have MAP pricing. Which makes it easier to price things out. Using it as a guide.

I know with Opti-Coat it includes the prep. Paint correction is extra.

Mike Phillips
10-25-2019, 08:56 AM
Good question Dan.

To the OP - what coatings to you "install".

:)

Mike Phillips
10-25-2019, 08:57 AM
Also - while coatings are the rage, I whole heartedly believe every detailer should offer as their FIRST detail service or "package", a simple one-step AIO package.

Do you offer this now?

Every_detail
10-25-2019, 09:23 AM
Are you planning on offering pro coatings?

Typically, pro coatings have MAP pricing. Which makes it easier to price things out. Using it as a guide.

I know with Opti-Coat it includes the prep. Paint correction is extra.

I want to eventually do IGL for my pro coating, but currently Im using System X

Good question Dan.

To the OP - what coatings to you "install".

system X currently. Looking to offer more than 1 brand.

Also - while coatings are the rage, I whole heartedly believe every detailer should offer as their FIRST detail service or "package", a simple one-step AIO package.

Do you offer this now?

I do, my current area, that's huge. I have a wash, clay and seal package along with an "enhancement" and seal package.

Billy Baldone
10-25-2019, 05:55 PM

Do you offer this now?

Hey Mike, What pricing would you recommend for this package being mobile. I get the areas areas are different, i just want a ballpark. Thank you

dcjredline
10-26-2019, 12:06 AM
Im not Mike so maybe you dont care but ball park is probably $150-500. Im sure in CA it is more expensive than in my area. That ballpark takes into consideration every sized vehicle and every paint condition to get it to the point of starting the one step. There is no real way to give YOU a price for your area from a totally different area. Maybe search some detailers in your areas websites and or stop in to talk to them. Then get a real accurate idea according to your area and clients. Youve been detailing for a long time, you should have a pretty good idea of what your time is worth, what is your overhead gonna cost and figure that in.

Every_detail
10-29-2019, 07:34 AM
Im not Mike so maybe you dont care but ball park is probably $150-500. Im sure in CA it is more expensive than in my area. That ballpark takes into consideration every sized vehicle and every paint condition to get it to the point of starting the one step. There is no real way to give YOU a price for your area from a totally different area. Maybe search some detailers in your areas websites and or stop in to talk to them. Then get a real accurate idea according to your area and clients. Youve been detailing for a long time, you should have a pretty good idea of what your time is worth, what is your overhead gonna cost and figure that in.

I checked some locals websites and was surprised on their going rate, which is nice for me. Amazing how much prices can change from town to town. Glad I will be working in the area where people want to spend that money instead of being cheap.

A-train
10-29-2019, 08:07 AM
I see some detail shops offering a set price for ceramic install. They then offer another price for prep separately. I could see where if a customer looked online and saw the price of the coating as X$ and then spoke to the detailer and were informed that prep is another x$ charge it could feel like bait and switch.
If you do separate the pricing structure I would make sure that it was clearly disclosed that a minimum 1-step correction is required or whatever prep you require. I personally prefer an all inclusive priced package for prep and coating.
Good luck to you in your new shop! I hope your business flourishes!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app