PDA

View Full Version : Looking into IR Lamps for coating cure

Pages : [1] 2

Every_detail
10-23-2019, 05:47 AM
Before I would let the car sit for 24-48 hours before customer pickup, but now I may need to get the cars out faster. I have seen people using the IR lamps and I hear it speeds up the curing process?

Just looking for some insight on which lamps everyone is using.

Thanks!

Every_detail
10-24-2019, 12:01 PM
Nobody uses them?

Rsurfer
10-24-2019, 01:25 PM
Nobody uses them?

I forget the brand, but will get back to you when I get to the shop.

Rsurfer
10-24-2019, 05:22 PM
It's a United 3 lamp short wave infrared paint curing lamp.

Sizzle Chest
10-24-2019, 09:40 PM
I'm using some Infratech short wave IR lamps.

RZJZA80
10-24-2019, 09:42 PM

I think these are the biggest in the IR Lamp game. Spoke to them at SEMA last year, nice people.

Every_detail
10-25-2019, 06:17 AM
It's a United 3 lamp short wave infrared paint curing lamp.

you like it?

This is the one Ive been seeing the most of. you like it? makes for a better curing process, correct?

SWETM
10-25-2019, 12:23 PM
Have no experience with ir curing. But I have seen that Scangrip released last year a set of UV curing lamps. Don't know if it's getting you any benefit with a faster curing or something else it benefits from. They seems to draw very little electricity and is li-on battery powered.

Search for Scangrip NOVA-UV S
And see if it's something that could be an option to go with.

/ Tony

Rsurfer
10-25-2019, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=Every_detail;1654658]you like it?

Great lamp, multiple angle settings. Down side, rather a large (3 Heads) unit.

Sizzle Chest
10-25-2019, 03:48 PM
Yes, I like it. Yep, it will decrease your curing time.

Dan Tran
10-25-2019, 05:27 PM
I am intrigued by this SCANGRIP UV lamp. Is this a suitable alternative for this kind of stuff?

Sizzle Chest
10-25-2019, 10:20 PM
^^^As am I...gonna do a little research on them and see if they are a viable alternative to my IR lights I am currently using. Could be promising; battery powered, no heat into the area- so don't have to continually hit it with my infrared thermometer, etc.

SWETM
10-25-2019, 11:37 PM
LOL sorry guys about the Scangrip Nova UV lamps. But it's used muched in the painting industry so I asume it would work with the ceramic coatings as well. But send an email directly to Scangrip in Denmark or if they have a distributor in the US. They have the big working light size and like the Sunmatch size for smaller cureing and even like the pen lights when doing spot repairs. And what I could see it's working to recharge them from 100v-240v so just the right electric connector or if you have one from electric outlet to USB female and that works too if it's matched specs. I found these very interesting just cause of the heat build up that these should not have any problems with. And it would be very interesting to see how far away from the vehical it needs to be standing. And the weight of them at 0.7kg it's not that heavy. So if your budget allows you could easly have 2 or 3 of these on the tripod. Don't know the price on the quality IR lamps. But the large UV that's like the work light size is around $525-$535. And the Scangrip quality you know what you are getting even if it's pricey. They have some more lights than just for the painting/detailing as well.

Would be awesome if the UV curing lamps works for curing ceramic coatings as well. Just look at the runtime of 1.5 hours if that's enough to be curing a whole vehical. As the recharge of them is almost the double of that time if not a little more.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
10-26-2019, 12:35 AM
That Scangrip looks sweeeeeet. Not big but the web page for it says for larger curing areas. Not sure what they define large as though. As with all Scangrip products it's $$$$$. I know I've seen knock off of their Mini & Multimatch for less than 1/2 the price. I don't need this IR curing light from them, and I don't even know how well it would work outdoors *I'm a mobile detailer* but I'd sure like to get one lol. And it's cordless and rechargeable? Fantastic! If it could be used out doors and give me the ability to put multiple coats on with a much less than the 4 hour wait time between (UK 3.0) that would be awesome sauce.

SWETM
10-26-2019, 05:26 AM
That Scangrip looks sweeeeeet. Not big but the web page for it says for larger curing areas. Not sure what they define large as though. As with all Scangrip products it's $$$$$. I know I've seen knock off of their Mini & Multimatch for less than 1/2 the price. I don't need this IR curing light from them, and I don't even know how well it would work outdoors *I'm a mobile detailer* but I'd sure like to get one lol. And it's cordless and rechargeable? Fantastic! If it could be used out doors and give me the ability to put multiple coats on with a much less than the 4 hour wait time between (UK 3.0) that would be awesome sauce.

I think that something like UV curing lamps would work on mobile detailing. As it's waves of UV so even with a slight wind it would work. Also think IIRC it's some kind of weather profed the lampa. But if bad weather conditions coating is out of the question anyways. You can reduce if ir or UV curing to 45 minutes between CQUK and Gliss. Then how long the ir UV curing takes I don't know LOL.