PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some advice for a first timer (Paint correction and Sealant)

maclem8223
10-21-2019, 10:05 AM
So I've got a 14' Lexus GS 350 (Black Obsidian) and I've started the paint correction process. It's black, paint is 5 years old, no idea how the previous owner took care of it so I didn't set my expectations to high. I've gotten about 90% of imperfections out so I'm happy with that. My plan was to seal the car with CarPro CQ after I was done correcting which is where my questions come in. The front of the car fenders, hood, bumper, I have only clayed so far as there is some serious road rash and rock chips that I need to touch up. Dr. Colorchip is ordered and should be in this week. Can I go ahead and seal the rest of the panels and just wait on the front end until I get it cleaned up better? Any issues with the CQ waiting after opening for that long? May be a week or so. ColorChip states to wait a week after application before waxing or sealing. Any thoughts or better way to do this? Just waiting on the mail at this point.

The Guz
10-21-2019, 10:27 AM
Cquartz will be fine as long as the bottle is sealed up tight after opening.

maclem8223
10-21-2019, 10:44 AM
Cquartz will be fine as long as the bottle is sealed up tight after opening.

That's what I was looking for, thanks! Sucks I can't finish the whole car at once but I want to take my time and do it right. Spend all weekend just claying, compounding (it was that bad), and most of the first stage of polish done. Lots of work but will be worth it in the end.