PDA

View Full Version : Review: EcoTouch Dashboard + Trim Cleaner

Driven Auto Detail
03-16-2008, 09:21 PM
I was given a free sample of this product and agreed to post an honest review so here it is.

I used this product to test the cleaning ability on our Mazda3's dashboard. I had applied Optimum Protectant Plus at least 3 months ago (which was still going strong). I sprayed EcoTouch D+T Cleaner on a clean microfiber towel and wiped an area clean. It appeared that the solution is somewhat foamy (like cleaning with diluted Woolite). I cleaned another area of the panel with Simple Green diluted 30:1 sprayed on another clean microfiber towel. Here are the results:

Left: Cleaned with Simple Green (30:1)
Middle: 3+ month old Optimum Protectant Plus
Right: Cleaned with EcoTouch Dashboard + Trim Cleaner

With flash:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee25/DrivenAutoDetail/Miscellaneous/IMG_4169.jpg

Without flash:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee25/DrivenAutoDetail/Miscellaneous/IMG_4174.jpg

With the flash, it looks like Simple Green (30:1) cleaned better and EcoTouch D+T Cleaner left some streaking. Without the flash, it looks like EcoTouch D+T Cleaner did a better job of cleaning. To me, it's a toss-up. You be the judge.

Since I try to use all eco-friendly products in my business, I appreciate EcoTouch's mission with their products. I think their products are priced competitively. If I were to purchase more of their products in the future, I would actually purchase them through the EcoTouch website because they are 20% cheaper than AutoGeek. Although, the gallon jug of Wash + Polish is priced the same on both sites.

With that said, I doubt that I would purchase Dashboard + Trim Cleaner. I feel that Simple Green will do the same thing at a much cheaper price (when dilluted) and is also eco-friendly. However, I would like to try EcoTouch Metal Polish and Carpet + Upholstery. I don't see myself trying the Wash + Polish as ONR is unbeatable at this point, IMO.

Pro's:
-Eco-friendly
-Gentle on hands and automotive surfaces
-Competitively priced vs. other pre-mixed automotive cleaners.
-No noticeable scent

Cons:
-Can't match Simple Green in price when diluted.
-So many other automotive cleaning products out there that will do the same job albeit most are not eco-friendly.

Comments and questions welcomed!

dengood1
03-17-2008, 05:49 AM
Nice review.....you did a better job than I did on the Wash n' Polish, of course that was my first review:)Good job.

Driven Auto Detail
03-17-2008, 06:23 AM
Thanks. I read your review and I thought it was good. Convinced me that Wash + Polish won't stand a chance against ONR.

AL417
03-17-2008, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the review. I like the way you did a three product comparison. Your pics really tell the story.

supercharged
03-17-2008, 10:20 PM
3 months??? I usually reapply OPT protectant+ every 4-6 weeks.
With Klasse vinyl/leather cleaner/protectant I was going 8+ weeks between coats. Klasse product is defenetely underhyped.

Driven Auto Detail
03-17-2008, 10:22 PM
3 months isn't because I thought it didn't need re-application...lol. I just hadn't gotten around to it. Winter time is rough and with it being my wife's car, I can't get to it as much. Typically, I apply OPP each month or two.