PDA

View Full Version : Pre-soak for bug removal?

brianc636
10-12-2019, 10:20 AM
I’ve got a 2019 Sierra AT4 that I only drive once a week or so but with the way the front end is shaped and the amount of bugs we have here, I need to wash it but not really the entire truck.

What’s a good pre-soak product that I can get to help loosen up bug guts before a quick hand wash of the front clip?

Thanks!

Brian

FUNX650
10-12-2019, 10:30 AM
I use the same stuff to pre-soak that I am
going to use to do the hand washing step.

Works every time.

Bob

howardm4
10-12-2019, 11:04 AM
I use Poorboys Bug Squash and usually all the bugs/etc come off after a minute or two.

brianc636
10-12-2019, 12:06 PM
I use the same stuff to pre-soak that I am
going to use to do the hand washing step.

Works every time.

Bob

This is what I did today and while it worked-ish, not quite as effective as I’d have hoped.

Overall though the end result was fine, just looking for something to make it easier.

I may mix up some soap and water in my sprayer and use that for next time and just let it sit while I set up shop to see if works better next time. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191012/c4c3005dab721e1f386fa9c6988aecb9.jpg

Wknd Dtlr
10-12-2019, 12:44 PM
"just looking for something to make it easier. "

I may mix up some soap and water in my sprayer and use that for next time and just let it sit while I set up shop to see if works better next time.
Try soaking a couple of soft bath towels in your wash solution and draping them over the front of your truck. Let the bugs soak a while as you set up or while washing the other part of your truck. This will greatly help to soften up the bugs so they wash off easier.

abqhudson
10-13-2019, 07:44 PM
Try soaking a couple of soft bath towels in your wash solution and draping them over the front of your truck. Let the bugs soak a while as you set up or while washing the other part of your truck. This will greatly help to soften up the bugs so they wash off easier.

What he said. Works for me.

A-train
10-13-2019, 07:58 PM
3D Bug Remover is great and an excellent value. It will probably strip wax though. If you are concerned about minimizing the life of your LSP then a pre-soak with ONR works well too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Misterpaul
10-13-2019, 08:01 PM
I use Poorboys Bug Squash and usually all the bugs/etc come off after a minute or two.

^ This. ^ Works great too, even on the ones that are dried out.

mc2hill
10-15-2019, 12:26 PM

Or some thin microfiber towels. This method will not remove the LSP like a dedicated bug remove will.

Mike@ShineStruck
10-22-2019, 02:17 PM
Foam alkaline APC on it, dwell, rinse, wash