PDA

View Full Version : Drying aid mixture - Wolfgang Uber - SONAX BSD

Pages : [1] 2

5js
10-09-2019, 06:10 AM
My order from AG should arrive today. I am planning of trying a mixture of Wolfgang Über Rinsless Wash and SONAX Brilliant Shine Detailer as a drying aid and quick detailer.

Any suggestions on the ratio’s? Was planning on mixing 3 oz of Wolfgang Über Rinsless Wash in a gallon of distilled water (waterless ratio). Then I was going to take and mix 1:1 with the SONAX BSD.

Does this sound like a good ratio to try?

Klasse Act
10-09-2019, 06:28 AM
WGU is VERY concentrated, that ratio is too much. When I used it I'd go with 1 oz per 2 gallons but always used 2 ounces because I would make 4 gallons of cleaning solution so I had extra to fill my 1000ML Kwazzer for pre-treating each panel.

There's no need to use distilled water for the wash either unless you've got hard water, city tap water has always worked well for me with WGU, as well as all other RW products.

Are you throwing a bunch of mf towels into the bucket or using a grout sponge to wash the car? Pre-treating is a must for which ever method you chose.

Btw, your right on target with BSD being diluted 1:1 but you don't have to use it each and every wash, well, unless you've got the money, LOL. Using WGU will give you a great shine on the paint and some protection as well, this is why I'm saying what I'm saying about using BSD.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5js
10-09-2019, 08:02 AM
WGU is VERY concentrated, that ratio is too much. When I used it I'd go with 1 oz per 2 gallons but always used 2 ounces because I would make 4 gallons of cleaning solution so I had extra to fill my 1000ML Kwazzer for pre-treating each panel.

There's no need to use distilled water for the wash either unless you've got hard water, city tap water has always worked well for me with WGU, as well as all other RW products.

Are you throwing a bunch of mf towels into the bucket or using a grout sponge to wash the car? Pre-treating is a must for which ever method you chose.

Btw, your right on target with BSD being diluted 1:1 but you don't have to use it each and every wash, well, unless you've got the money, LOL. Using WGU will give you a great shine on the paint and some protection as well, this is why I'm saying what I'm saying about using BSD.

Klasse - I should clarify, this is not a mix for a rinseless. I'm just mixing as a drying aid/quick detailer for now. I might try mixing for a rinseless in the future.

Klasse Act
10-09-2019, 08:28 AM
Oh ok, gotcha but in that case, 1 oz of WGU in a gallon of distilled is all you need for a drying aid, no need to add BSD if I'm honest. BSD diluted 1:1 makes a great drying aid by itself actually.

5js
10-09-2019, 08:36 AM
Oh ok, gotcha but in that case, 1 oz of WGU in a gallon of distilled is all you need for a drying aid, no need to add BSD if I'm honest. BSD diluted 1:1 makes a great drying aid by itself actually.

Well I ordered both, so maybe I'll compare them each on their own - then at a 50/50 mix to see what differences I see.

Klasse Act
10-09-2019, 08:49 AM
Are you ordering a gallon of WGU or the small bottle with the measuring device built in? Also, are you just using it as a drying aid? I ask because it's one of the top 5 RW on the market today, period and you'll love it when doing a RW[emoji931][emoji931]

5js
10-09-2019, 08:55 AM
Are you ordering a gallon of WGU or the small bottle with the measuring device built in? Also, are you just using it as a drying aid? I ask because it's one of the top 5 RW on the market today, period and you'll love it when doing a RW[emoji931][emoji931]

I ordered the 16 oz with the measuring device built in to test the product. For now, just as a drying aid and quick detailer. I live in Maine so for the winter I plan on going to a coin-op bay and washing and rinsing then misting on Uber/BSD as a drying aid (drying with Griot's PFM towels). About the best I can do through the winter. When temps are better in the spring I'm gonna mix as a rinseless and give that a try. I have some different MF towels for doing a rinseless.

acuRAS82
10-09-2019, 09:05 AM
Using BSD mixed in to your drying aid will definitely add regular protection for you.

MAXBKS
10-09-2019, 09:30 AM
5js

I did what you are thinking of doing only I used Meguiars d-156 x-press spray wax and WGU.
After mixing 3oz of WGU to one gallon of distilled water I then made a concoction of 2parts WGU
to 1part M-156. I think it is awesome but I'm also very new and don't have a lot of experience with a lot
of different products.

I would think Sonax would work just as well or probably better. You got both coming so give it a go. It seems like everyone
throws so much different products together in layers that I don't see how it could hurt. Looking forward to
hearing your report.

5js
10-09-2019, 09:44 AM
5js

I did what you are thinking of doing only I used Meguiars d-156 x-press spray wax and WGU.
After mixing 3oz of WGU to one gallon of distilled water I then made a concoction of 2parts WGU
to 1part M-156. I think it is awesome but I'm also very new and don't have a lot of experience with a lot
of different products.

I would think Sonax would work just as well or probably better. You got both coming so give it a go. It seems like everyone
throws so much different products together in layers that I don't see how it could hurt. Looking forward to
hearing your report.

I doing a full detail on a new car - then I'll be using the mix as a QD for a while, then next wash I'm gonna try the same mix as a drying aid. I'll post observations, though being new I won't have a lot to of experience to evaluate it against.

Klasse Act
10-09-2019, 09:52 AM
WGU works fine at temps in the upper 30's, just sayin'[emoji106][emoji106]

grovlet
10-09-2019, 10:22 AM

Agreed - anytime it's over freezing and sunny on a weekend in the winter - I'll use WGU to RW the cars - no issues.:props:

If they are really covered in salt and it's too cold I simply hit the Self Sprayer bay at the car wash first and drive out and RW there (I can generally do the car in 15 min):buffing:

Both my winter cars are coated (M37 on one / CQv3 on the other):dblthumb2:

5js
10-09-2019, 11:01 AM

upper 30's....if it got that warm I'd be hitting the beach :laughing: Average high in January for me is 25F, average low is 2F.

We'll see how it goes. I do lose my garage to my toys (motorcycle, ATV, etc) during the winter. l have a plan for the coin-op bay for a wash/rinse and WGU/BSD as a drying aid. If I get a nice day I may try a rinseless wash.

bfielder32087
10-09-2019, 01:17 PM

Sent from my SM-G950U using TapatalkSeconded. WGU and most other RW solutions work fine in those temps. For me I like a minimum of 35 degrees fahrenheit, but really prefer uppers 30s.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Ochnob
10-10-2019, 01:19 PM
I have tried mixing BSD with everything. Yeah I know that makes Bob cringe. But I have found that simple is sometimes better.

As a drying aide is use BSD 1:1 with distilled water. Thins it out so it is easy to work with and doesn’t diminish the BSD performance.

A guy in Germany tried every dilution with water and 1:1 allows the best performance and use. Its on YouTube somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline