PDA

View Full Version : Grass clippings on truck

BrandenG1
10-05-2019, 08:34 PM
We have assigned parking at work. Where I’ve been parking the lawn company gets grass clippings all over the front of my truck. Am I being too anal about this or should I say something?

Mdjas
10-05-2019, 09:37 PM
I would definitely say something. Either to your company or whoever is cutting grass. At my job the people next door cut there grass and they blow it on cars in the parking lot. Well a customers car was there to get wrapped and they at some point had broke a window with a rock because they were getting grass towards cars. So i would definitely make them aware so they can be more aware of what there doing. I would have said something as soon as i saw it. No need to be rude or mean to them just make it known. They may not really be paying attention and don’t know there doing it that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUNX650
10-05-2019, 09:49 PM
IMO:
You should not have to put up with this kind of
shenanigans: The Lawn Company’s employees
should know how to service lawns without broad-
casting grass debris/clippings in some willy-nilly
manner—even in Commercial settings.

:idea:
Have your Company’s management,
that’s in charge of the Lawn Company’s
contract...‘take them to task’.

Bob

Bill D
10-05-2019, 10:00 PM
It’s not being anal. I don’t know many non Autogeeks who want grass all over their cars either. If nothing is said it will just continue. People don’t care about other people’s property as I’ve learned myself time and again.

Coatingsarecrack
10-05-2019, 11:24 PM
You should spray turtlewax Seal &Shinecall over their grass.... tit for tat [emoji6][emoji2957][emoji39]

SWETM
10-06-2019, 12:59 AM
Anyone how knows what they are doing when takeing care of the lawn clipping. Don't have the clipped grass outlet face to the parked vehicals or buildings or the streets next to the lawn. It's just common sense when haveing a job like this. Worked with this in my younger years and was always aware of where the clipped grass went. Don't know if it's called grass trimmer in english LOL. But when doing edges of the lawns or where the lawn mower don't reach. I put out cones so they could park a little longer from the edge. Or just did the trimming of the edges when the vehicals was not parked there. And even then was thinking about the rotation of the grass trimmer and how the grass was thrown from it.

So i would definitely do something that reach the lawn care company. To let them know that's not acceptable to get grass flinged directly on your parked vehicals. If it's windy and the loose debris from the grass gets on to mostly the horizontall panels it's not much to do about. But if you get grass clipping on the vertical panels that's clings on is not acceptable to get.

It's just so unecessary and ignorence from them who's doing this. And easy for them to correct the way they do the job to work for everyone.

/ Tony

rlmccarty2000
10-06-2019, 04:15 PM
I get angry when I’m driving and people using blowers or cutting grass “aim” it into the street at passing cars. The rocks and dust churned up hit and cover my clean car. Why can’t people just aim back into the yard and save me from rewashing my car and save a possible broken window?

Bill D
10-06-2019, 04:31 PM
People just don’t care

Mdjas
10-06-2019, 04:40 PM
I get angry when I’m driving and people using blowers or cutting grass “aim” it into the street at passing cars. The rocks and dust churned up hit and cover my clean car. Why can’t people just aim back into the yard and save me from rewashing my car and save a possible broken window?

One of my biggest pet peeves is this. I once had to stop and make a lady aware that she did it while i was passing and put a dent in my car from a rock blown out. It was a beater so i didn’t really care but it was the point.

PaulMys
10-06-2019, 04:47 PM

Agreed.

When I am using my leaf blower in front of my house, I will always throttle it down and point it away from the road when a car passes.

How hard is it to do this??

Bill nailed it. "People just don't care".

brianc636
10-06-2019, 08:21 PM

I’m guilty of this but when I’m mowing the right away (I live in the country and mow it with my other 12 acres) but keep an eye on traffic and turn the deck off and rotate the mower away from cars. I never mow when cars are passing. That’s just wrong.

I just have a few passes where it’s tough to not blow it into the ditch.

davidgreams
10-08-2019, 04:43 PM
I also moved from a city that used to have much more frequent yard waste collection (every two weeks in the spring, summer, and fall). But I make do here.

I mulch most of my grass clippings with the lawnmower and leave them on the ground. Occasionally, I'll collect the grass clippings in the mower bag and dump them in my compost bin to give it a boost of nitrogen.

With the leaves, I rake them up and stockpile them in the back of the yard. Come spring, I start adding them to the compost bin to help balance out all that grass I put in earlier.

Speaking of the compost bin, you can make your own, informal one, but I've bought two Earth Machines from Public Works for $50 at Omohundro Convenience Center, which is less than half the price that Home Depot charges for the same compost bin. (https://reviewcart.us/) I mostly use it for kitchen scraps, with only some of my yard waste going in.

With the rest of it, I stockpile it in an out-of-the-way area of my quarter-acre lot, then I take it all to the curb a few days before they come to pick it up (you can sign up to get an email reminder from Public Works a week before they come). Even with a bunch of trees and a large garden, I still find I don't have too much yard waste to make this too much of a burden.