PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question about Rupes foam pad prep - how often?

PM5C
10-05-2019, 03:02 PM
I'm new to the Rupes world but enjoying everything about this system.

I understand how to prep the foam pads before first use. However, I'm not sure if I do that prep before every session, or just the very first time I use a new pad.

In other words, do used pads need to be prepped? I'm a hobbyist, so there's likely to be some time between the first and then the next use of a pad. Maybe months.

Thanks,
Peter

Dan Tran
10-05-2019, 03:14 PM
RUPES pad priming for the BLUE, GREEN, and UHS PADS.

Every single time you place a FRESH pad of choice from either BLUE, GREEN, or UHS is when you will need to prime the pad.

This is regardless of which session.

Yellow and white you can load n’ go.

High-End Paint Correction and Opti-Coat Ceramic Coatings * Portsmouth, NH (https://www.thebuffingmoose.com/)

fightnews
10-06-2019, 04:32 AM
I'm new to the Rupes world but enjoying everything about this system.

I understand how to prep the foam pads before first use. However, I'm not sure if I do that prep before every session, or just the very first time I use a new pad.

In other words, do used pads need to be prepped? I'm a hobbyist, so there's likely to be some time between the first and then the next use of a pad. Maybe months.

Thanks,
Peter

Yeah its just when you start with a dry pad in general. Its not anything you have to do to the pad itself before using it. Some people prime the pads with polish or conditioner to prevent dry buffing during your first section of paint you are polishing. The polish acts as lubrication.