PDA

View Full Version : decontimating process

Newcarsmell
10-04-2019, 06:03 PM
So i'll be foam/car wash, pressure wash, two bucket method (using wax remover chemical guys car soap), bug/tar spray, rinse, then go to garage and then clay, then put temp wax.

I use meguiars quick wax and wondering if this is ok to temp use instead of wax since i'm stripping the wax for claying and no wax is on there now)

My iron x isn't coming till wed and wondering if i do this process again the next week and added iron x it should be ok. More work but seems it will take out lot of decontamination.

Then I'll polish and put on a good wax (haven't found one yet but will pick one up. Anyone good for white cars?)

Breese147
10-04-2019, 07:15 PM
If I understood correctly what you are trying to say. (You want to use spray wax to protect the vehicle until you can apply ironx) Then yes polishing after applying spray wax and before applying high durability wax will remove the spray wax and allow the quality wax to sit on the paint. In my opinion though if you are going through all these steps especially polishing why not try a beginner ceramic coating or at least a sealant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Guz
10-04-2019, 08:01 PM
Your paint will survive a few days without a wax or spray wax on it.