PDA

View Full Version : Carpro vs Gtechniq

Jeremy5431
10-03-2019, 08:33 AM
So I made a big mistake. I ordered Carpro UK3.0 last year, and life got in the way. I am planning on costing my 2018 GMC Sierra this fall.

I have two concerns about the Carpro bottle (in the plastic wrap)

1. I pulled the Carpro box out and it looks like it’s set to expire soon.
2. It was shipped to me in December, I think the temps were above freezing, but I can’t remember.

Autogeek said I could use the bottle, but it might be harder to get off and the it could have a shorter lifespan

I’m considering of replacing the coating

This year I have been researching other brands as well and really like Gtechniq. I would flat out switch, however I have invested in Carpro products (reload gloss enhancer, finishing pads, swade towels, etc)

My question is this... is it worth switching to Gtechniq, when I have everything for the full Carpro process?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcjredline
10-03-2019, 08:48 AM
I dont think there is a reason to switch. Try that bottle of UK on a small section of another vehicle to see if it will come off ok. IF its good then use it. If not just get yourself another bottle of CQUK. I personally have used CQUK2.0 and Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light and wouldnt throw a bottle of CQ away for some CSL. I do like CSL better tho.

Bruno Soares
10-03-2019, 09:05 AM
If the bottle is still sealed I would just use it. The expiration date on CarPro products is something you can ignore.

The Guz
10-03-2019, 02:10 PM
As long as it has not shown signs of crystallization then it is fine.

In my experience/opinion I would stay with CQUK 3.0. It flat out outperforms CSL as a stand alone and CSL + Exo in durability and self cleaning. CSL and Exo are nice to work with in overall application and overall feel.

But Exo is the icing on the cake as CSL’s water behavior and self cleaning is underwhelming compared to CQUK 3.0.

CQUK 3.0 is almost wipe on wipe off these days. Give it a try.

Mgavin1985
10-03-2019, 02:11 PM
Think your good

Jeremy5431
10-03-2019, 08:15 PM
I checked with Carpro USA and they confirmed I should be ok.

Thanks all for the responses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk