PDA

View Full Version : Can a Rinseless Wash Soap be used for a normal 2BM Wash?

Jayfro
10-02-2019, 03:53 PM
I'm running low on car soap/shampoo and I was wondering if there's any advantage or disadvantage to using a rinseless wash soap/shampoo for a normal 2BM wash? I ask because I like that you use so little soap/shampoo compared to that of a normal non-rinseless soap.

I've only washed my car using ONR one time now, I'm just a little paranoid of a rinseless wash in regards to scratching since I'm inexperienced with the rinseless method. My normal method for washing is using 12 of the infamous forrest green mf towels, BF Soap, blow dry, then pat down.

Thank you for your time.

Jay

JustJesus
10-02-2019, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't bother going 2BM with rinseless. I mean, you could, but I think it would be overkill.

If the car isn't too bad, 1 bucket, multiple wash media (mitts, towels) and you should be okay.

If it's failry bad, then maybe hose off first.

Keep in mind, I don't see harsh conditions like crazy weather, or road salt for ice and such.

My wife's Kia still looks pretty darn good, and I mainly used rinseless for a big part of a few years.

The Guz
10-02-2019, 05:40 PM
You can definitely use ONR or any other rinseless as a two bucket method. I am going to make an assumption that you are planning to use a wash mitt or a big red sponge.

I have used Mckee’s N914 and Meguiar’s D114 with a big red sponge utilizing a two bucket method. I’ve also used ONR in the past with one bucket and the BRS.

Is it overkill? Maybe or maybe not.

I haven’t used multiple towels with rinseless in years.

JustJesus
10-02-2019, 05:52 PM
Guz, potatoes, tomatoes. LOL

Yeah, I've used BRS in a bucket as well. With Grit Guard and Wash Board. Still only kept it as a 1 bucket, though.

It's one of those preference things.....then again....Guz's cars look better than mine!!!!

Paul A.
10-02-2019, 06:04 PM
When I use ONR I use the 2 bucket method with only 1 wash mitt. I haven't tried the multiple MF towel method but certainly understand the concept.

Sent from my motorola one using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Jayfro
10-02-2019, 06:05 PM
Thank you for the replies. The car typically isn't that dirty from week to week, mainly a lot of dust and some pollen, it's been a dry summer again in Houston minus the tropical storm a few weeks ago.

I don't have the BRS yet but it's on the list to get. I was planning on using multiple mf towels since but I do have a couple of mitts I could use.

I'm probably way too paranoid but just want to make sure I don't scratch the super soft Acura black paint!

Again, thank you for the replies.

Jay

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Bill D
10-02-2019, 06:08 PM
I think you’re wise to use the multiple mitts if your car’s paint is black and soft.

The Guz
10-02-2019, 07:57 PM
Optimum makes the gold sponge version which is softer. It could be another option.

Autogeek sells the ultra soft microfiber wash mitt. Don’t hear too much about it.

PaulMys
10-02-2019, 08:14 PM
I'm a one bucket, multiple plush MF towel fan for my rinseless washes.

As you do more RW, you start to understand that you need more or less solution for different panels.

By this I mean Horizontal vs. Vertical, or Dusty vs. Lightly soiled.

I like the control that the plush towels give me in the "wringing out" process as I take them out of the RW solution.

JMO.

Bill D
10-02-2019, 08:47 PM
When my sheepskin mitts die out,I’m going to switch to those soft MF ones.A Youtube video on mitts convinced me to.

Kamakaz1961
10-02-2019, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't bother going 2BM with rinseless. I mean, you could, but I think it would be overkill.

If the car isn't too bad, 1 bucket, multiple wash media (mitts, towels) and you should be okay.

If it's failry bad, then maybe hose off first.

Keep in mind, I don't see harsh conditions like crazy weather, or road salt for ice and such.

My wife's Kia still looks pretty darn good, and I mainly used rinseless for a big part of a few years.

BLASPHEMY! I use a 2 Bucket Grit guard Rinseless wash method! OFF with their heads!!!! LOLOLOL KEEP ON ROCKING!

All kidding aside either 1 bucket with multiple MF towels or the 2 Bucket method is fine. It's just a matter of preference.

mc2hill
10-03-2019, 09:09 AM
Count me in with the 2 bucket rinseless washers (but I do use the bucket of towels method on occasion). I prefer a microfiber wash mitt/pad (the ones with 'strands' like the GYEON Smootie Wash Mitt (https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-smoothie.html)), a MF towel of at least 420 GSM for a damp wipe, and a MF terry towel to wipe off what little moisture remains (The Griot's PFM Terry Weave 16x16 towels (https://www.autogeek.net/griots-pfm-2pack.html) are amazing for this!).

FUNX650
10-03-2019, 03:16 PM
•IMO:
-With so many varied/(hybrid) tried-and-true
car washing methods now being out of the
(detailing) closet...Is there really such a
thing as a “normal” 2BM Wash?

-Use one; two; or as many buckets as your
heart desires. No one can reasonably say:
’Whoa!! that is against the :rulez: ‘!

Bob

Bill D