PDA

View Full Version : Plan "B"

ssnimrod
09-29-2019, 11:54 AM
I lurk here often, learned a lot.
Last year I learned how to ceramic coat my vehicles, came out awesome, tons of complements.

Its a year later, time to redo the pickup for the winter, so I ordered the Black Fire Ceramic Coating Kit (its what I used last year, loved it) earlier this month.
Box came promptly from Autogeek, I put it in the basement.

Today's the day, I washed, decon'ed the truck, polished the truck.... opened the box.... ugh..... shipping error, the block & applicator cloth were in the box but no Ceramic coating.

I called Autogeek, it's Sunday, left a message, I'm sure it'll work out.

Anyhow, I'm at the point of no return, paint needs to be protected so I'll use Ultimate Fast Finish.

My question is should I get the ceramic coating, then somehow strip off the UFF, Then apply the ceramic coating? Or put the coating on top of the UFF? Or just run with the UFF for the winter?

Kamakaz1961
09-29-2019, 12:22 PM
If you do decide to go back to a coating, I would just use a dedicated wax, sealant remover or prep cleaner. I like Gyeon Prep. Since you already have prepped it for a coating, it should be no issue. Just removing the Megs Ultimate would be the thing to remove.

Let us know what you decided to do!

KEEP ON ROCKNG!

The Guz
09-29-2019, 01:25 PM
My question is should I get the ceramic coating, then somehow strip off the UFF, Then apply the ceramic coating? Or put the coating on top of the UFF? Or just run with the UFF for the winter?

The coating will perform at its best on bare paint. If it were me I would just wait until the coating arrived. The paint will survive a few days without anything on top. It will also make it easier with no need to worry about removing UFF.

SWETM
09-29-2019, 03:17 PM
The coating will perform at its best on bare paint. If it were me I would just wait until the coating arrived. The paint will survive a few days without anything on top. It will also make it easier with no need to worry about removing UFF.

What Guz says.