PDA

View Full Version : Sonax PNS question

kingweb50
09-28-2019, 06:48 AM
I recently bought a new car and am going to put a sealant on it in the meantime till I have time in a couple months to fully prep it for a coating during some vacation time. I was going to Iron-x, "clay" mitt and then put sealant on. I have read PNS can be applied on top of other products or directly to surface but is there a preference? I was either going to put wolfgang dgps directly on the paint and coat the PNS on top of the dgps or just apply the PNS without the dgps. Will maintain with BSD till I coat the car. Since both dgps and pns are sealants will it be a waste of time and product to use both and be better to just use one or the other?

SWETM
09-28-2019, 07:36 AM
Just go with one or the other of PNS and WDGPS. And are set on the BSD for maintance I would go with PNS. To be totaly honest if you are washing your car every other week. I would just go with the BSD as a stand alone LSP and top up every wash or every other wash. It's the same protection technology in BSD and PNS. And if you use the BSD on it's own on a preped paint you can get 3-4 months longevity from it. With 2 layers and apply it with a mf applicator pad and work in smaller sections. Spread out and directly wipe it off. You may need 2 towels for the wipe off and have a lot of mf towels at hand so when you notice it leaves streaks it's saturated with the product. Switch to a fresh side or a fresh mf towel. And if you top it up every other wash and use very little of product 1-2 sprays per panel max and spray it on the mf towel and spread it out. It's gets easier to remove.

/ Tony