PDA

View Full Version : Front end washers

paradog
03-14-2008, 09:16 PM
I recently puirchased a front end washer. It require the use of differnt detergents due to its washing method. How does this effect the washing of microfibers? What do you use and do you differ in the ammount of product you use?

supercharged
03-15-2008, 04:30 PM
I recently puirchased a front end washer. It require the use of differnt detergents due to its washing method. How does this effect the washing of microfibers? What do you use and do you differ in the ammount of product you use?
I use 1 oz of Microrestore for small loads, and 2 oz for larger loads in Kenmore Elite HE3t. Had this machine for 7 years without any issues. Microrestore doesn't have that hard to rinse foam (I don't think it foams), and that's the main concern with high efficiency front loaders.
Don't use any powder detergents in that machine.

Al-53
03-15-2008, 04:42 PM
I bought a front loader last year to wash my MF stuff..and my clothes also...lol...but I use just Wisk or Tide clear and my towels come out spotless and very soft...you can do a double rinse also..but I found no need to as the new HE detergents rinse out real nice...I tried the Microrestore I had for my top loader and seen that the HE detergents cleaned better...

Al

ScottB
03-15-2008, 05:24 PM
I know the soaps have some special emblem HE or HP on them. We do use the Rejuvinator and Microrestore in ours without an issue. Even use the blue balls in the dryer.

paradog
03-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Thank you for the replies!

Eruptiv
03-16-2008, 11:33 PM
I also use the blue balls in the dryer. They really fluff up the microfiber!

supercharged
03-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Front loaders are the only way to go. Top loader use 3 times as much water. And when you are metered, it matters.

mingraygt
03-25-2008, 09:19 PM
I bought a front loader last year to wash my MF stuff..and my clothes also...lol...but I use just Wisk or Tide clear and my towels come out spotless and very soft...you can do a double rinse also..but I found no need to as the new HE detergents rinse out real nice...I tried the Microrestore I had for my top loader and seen that the HE detergents cleaned better...

Al
So I could use the HE soap for my front loader washer instead of Micro-restore! I am using the 2X Ultra Tide original scent. This would work right?

mingraygt
03-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Anybody!!

supercharged
03-27-2008, 11:32 PM
So I could use the HE soap for my front loader washer instead of Micro-restore! I am using the 2X Ultra Tide original scent. This would work right?
You could, and it should work just fine...
Or you can use Microrestore... it doesn't foam much, so you shouldn't have any issues.

mingraygt
03-28-2008, 05:26 AM
So just put the Micro-restore in place of the soap?
Thanks Ryan

supercharged
03-28-2008, 04:40 PM
So just put the Micro-restore in place of the soap?
Thanks Ryan
Yep, and it works just fine.