PDA

View Full Version : Car wash in my basement

jojokoko
09-18-2019, 08:40 PM
What is the best and least messy way to wash a car in a building basement ? Of course with causing 0 scratches or swirls to the paint, I dont think pressure washing a car in my building basement is a good idea, what is the next best thing besides that or for someone washing with little to no drain where the actions happens ?...

Klasse Act
09-18-2019, 09:12 PM
Do you really need a drain, pics of your garage[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
09-18-2019, 09:52 PM
I love Wolfgang UBER Rinseless, I mostly use it as a waterless, but have used it as a rinseless a couple times. You'll need a good number of microfibers, but you'll get great results. I can do a rinseless with minimal product left on the ground. Like so little a single 16x16 MF could have it all up. I know Blackfire and some of the other PBMG bands have newer products which might be even better than UBER. But for me it's always been a winner. I use it in a Kwazaar pump sprayer for waterless. I don't think the best technique will leave you with absolutely no scratches or marring like you're after. But that would be a hard enough task with a hose + good soap and the best technique. Micro marring to some extent happens when you wash. For WW/RW you need to wash more often.

For an idea of my process, I have a 2 door soft top convertible roadster and use 20'ish towels with UBER for a waterless or rinseless. If I had a Tahoe or something I'd be using probably 70 towels lol.

acuRAS82
09-18-2019, 10:54 PM
^^ Agreed. Waterless (if not too dirty) or Rinseless wash are the way to go. Rinseless will get some liquid on the ground but not a whole lot... the same amount as a car that’s been rained on heavily and then driven into a garage and parked.

chet31
09-18-2019, 11:36 PM
I do a rinseless wash in my garage (no drain) all the time. The water dries from the floor in about an hour. If I want the floor to dry faster, I drag an old bath towel around the car with my foot, then the floor dries in 15 minutes.

Klasse Act
09-19-2019, 05:29 AM
I love Wolfgang UBER Rinseless, I mostly use it as a waterless, but have used it as a rinseless a couple times. You'll need a good number of microfibers, but you'll get great results. I can do a rinseless with minimal product left on the ground. Like so little a single 16x16 MF could have it all up. I know Blackfire and some of the other PBMG bands have newer products which might be even better than UBER. But for me it's always been a winner. I use it in a Kwazaar pump sprayer for waterless. I don't think the best technique will leave you with absolutely no scratches or marring like you're after. But that would be a hard enough task with a hose + good soap and the best technique. Micro marring to some extent happens when you wash. For WW/RW you need to wash more often.

For an idea of my process, I have a 2 door soft top convertible roadster and use 20'ish towels with UBER for a waterless or rinseless. If I had a Tahoe or something I'd be using probably 70 towels lol.20 towels for a 2 door vert[emoji848]

I use a Kwazzer to pre-treat for RW too, never go on dry...EVER.

Bill D
09-19-2019, 05:48 AM
No scratching and marring is possible. I don’t know if it can happen via RW or WW though. I use a hose, a foam gun with the soapy water running constantly over a small area of a panel at a time, and plenty of mitts. Gotta wash often though, like after every time you get stuck driving in rain.

mc2hill
09-19-2019, 09:37 AM
What is the best and least messy way to wash a car in a building basement ? Of course with causing 0 scratches or swirls to the paint, I dont think pressure washing a car in my building basement is a good idea, what is the next best thing besides that or for someone washing with little to no drain where the actions happens ?...

With the right mitts and towels you can maintain a swirl-free finish with rinseless washes. You may need to get a few pressurized sprayers to use for pre-treating. The water you leave is about the same as if you came in from driving in the rain.
But if you drive where the roads are salted, or drive on non-paved roads it may not be possible.

PaulMys
09-19-2019, 05:23 PM
20 towels for a 2 door vert[emoji848]

I use a Kwazzer to pre-treat for RW too, never go on dry...EVER.

Yeah, I agree with you Rog.

I use about 10 on my Ram. And I always pre-treat each panel with my "secret RW sauce" Lol

Klasse Act
09-19-2019, 05:28 PM
A max of 6 on the ES[emoji931][emoji931]

jojokoko
09-22-2019, 01:12 AM
What do you guys think a out the cordless pressure washer from Works ?? (The 20v model) is it any good ?, I think I will use this or my other karcher pressure washer to clean the car regardless if its allowed or not coz it's the way to go IMO !!... Will probably use plenty of old XXL towels to suck the water up off the floor, from reading your comments I can't find any reliable way to prevent swirls or scratches even on a ceramic coated car which am planning to do. Even a two or 3 bucket method IMO will still cause some degree of micro scratches a d gonna clean as good as the good old water pressure method...

chet31
09-22-2019, 11:00 PM
What do you guys think a out the cordless pressure washer from Works ?? (The 20v model) is it any good ?, I think I will use this or my other karcher pressure washer to clean the car regardless if its allowed or not coz it's the way to go IMO !!... Will probably use plenty of old XXL towels to suck the water up off the floor, from reading your comments I can't find any reliable way to prevent swirls or scratches even on a ceramic coated car which am planning to do. Even a two or 3 bucket method IMO will still cause some degree of micro scratches a d gonna clean as good as the good old water pressure method...

There's a whole thread devoted to this. Search on Worx Hydroshot.

Klasse Act
09-24-2019, 07:32 AM
With proper lubrication when doing a WW or RW there should be ZERO swirls or marring, I've never had an issue. The thing is this, during the winter, make more cleaning solution so you over saturate each and every panel to ensure a SAFE and great wash experience[emoji362][emoji931]

bfielder32087
09-24-2019, 04:29 PM
Whether you do a soap and water wash or a RW I wouldn't worry too much about the water and no drain. I do both types of washes in my garage and when I'm done I'll take a push broom and push out most of the water (want to get a floor squeegee) then the garage is barely wet and drys up pretty quickly. A drain would be nice though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)