PDA

View Full Version : $150 for work light / defect finder

Joshdm94
09-13-2019, 08:29 AM
Mike, all the information you’ve posted has turned into quite the expensive hobby for me. This is my first post. I’ve setup my garage with 4 5000k 4000 lumen hyperikon 4’ lED. Last piece to the puzzle is a work light and defect finder. It seems like the consensus is SCANGRIP. With $150 budget, is the Multi match R my best option?

thanks!

Mike Phillips
09-13-2019, 08:41 AM
Th new Mini SCANGRIP is a quality light for less than the full size and works great.

Been meaning to write a review - just no time.

:)

Mike Phillips
09-13-2019, 08:43 AM
Mike, all the information you’ve posted has turned into quite the expensive hobby for me.

Sorry...

:dunno:

Bruno Soares
09-13-2019, 08:54 AM
Mike, all the information you’ve posted has turned into quite the expensive hobby for me. This is my first post. I’ve setup my garage with 4 5000k 4000 lumen hyperikon 4’ lED. Last piece to the puzzle is a work light and defect finder. It seems like the consensus is SCANGRIP. With $150 budget, is the Multi match R my best option?

thanks!

Multimatch R is pretty sweet. I got that as a b-day gift this year. Very well made.

Joshdm94
09-13-2019, 09:56 AM
I like the idea of have a bright work light that also shows defects, Does the multimatch R show defects the same as the Minimatch?

Bruno Soares
09-13-2019, 11:15 AM
I like the idea of have a bright work light that also shows defects, Does the multimatch R show defects the same as the Minimatch?

Sure. Especially when you can pick yellow or white light based on the color of the car and then control the amount of light coming out. It's not just 2 levels like many lights out there, it's several levels of light that it can output.